Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
My food processor broke... Any suggestions for a good one?
1  2  3  Next

fbc

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 7:57 pm
My title says it all Smile I came across the ninja NF701 XL professional food processor, does anyone have it? Otherwise, other suggestions that you love? Thanks!

abs

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 8:05 pm
Only the Braun!
There was a lightning deal tonight 🙁 but it’s over now. If you can wait….

Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor Ultra Quiet Powerful motor, includes 7 Attachment Blades + Chopper and Citrus Juicer , Made in Europe with German Engineering https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V.....ss_tl

fbc

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 8:10 pm
abs wrote:
Only the Braun!
There was a lightning deal tonight 🙁 but it’s over now. If you can wait….

Braun FP3020 12 Cup Food Processor Ultra Quiet Powerful motor, includes 7 Attachment Blades + Chopper and Citrus Juicer , Made in Europe with German Engineering https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V.....ss_tl

Thanks! I don't need all those choppers and stuff (do I?? Lemme know what they're all for lol) I really just use it to make kugel. Am I missing out? What else can I make with it? Clearly not a whiz in the kitchen 🙈 I just don't want to spend the money if I'm not gonna use much of it. But if it's really really good... Maybe...

abs

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 8:10 pm
It does make the best kugel!

lkwdlady

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 8:19 pm
Braun is on sale now. If you want one, now is the time…

DREAMING

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 9:14 pm
I use it for kugel, dips, and some easy cake recipes too

ra_mom

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 9:16 pm
Braun is the best.

thunter

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 9:25 pm
Dansdeals had some on sale today

Roseflower

Post Sat, Nov 12 2022, 9:37 pm
I use it to make soups (blends and shreds veggies), dips, sorbets...
The possibilities are endless.

Lydia

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 1:40 am
When my expensive, heavy-duty food processor broke about 10 years ago, I braced myself for the cost and started looking for a replacement online. At the time, the $200-400 price tag was not something we could take easily, and so when my search turned up a 10-cup HamiltonBeach processor for $36, it gave me pause. I thought, "I can replace the thing every year if necessary and still come out ahead money-wise, since the expensive one only lasted 8 years anyway." So I bought it, it handles everything I need just perfectly fine (grating, slicing, and S-blade), and is still whirring away.

The best part is that it is quite light. So I can easily move it off the counter and into an upper cabinet shelf. My old heavy one often just stayed on the counter because it was too annoying to move.

Here's the link. I see the price went up to $40!
https://www.amazon.com/Hamilto.....ss_tl

EDIT: I see the actual price on Amazon is $60, but it's on sale for $40. Inflation.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 4:53 am
Lydia wrote:
When my expensive, heavy-duty food processor broke about 10 years ago, I braced myself for the cost and started looking for a replacement online. At the time, the $200-400 price tag was not something we could take easily, and so when my search turned up a 10-cup HamiltonBeach processor for $36, it gave me pause. I thought, "I can replace the thing every year if necessary and still come out ahead money-wise, since the expensive one only lasted 8 years anyway." So I bought it, it handles everything I need just perfectly fine (grating, slicing, and S-blade), and is still whirring away.

The best part is that it is quite light. So I can easily move it off the counter and into an upper cabinet shelf. My old heavy one often just stayed on the counter because it was too annoying to move.

EDIT: I see the actual price on Amazon is $60, but it's on sale for $40. Inflation.

I'm a Hamilton Beach fan. But I've never tried the Braun. I did have a name brand that broke and good riddance - the cup was too small and the feeder tube was annoyingly narrow.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 4:55 am
I have the braun for pesach and love how it is so light and easy to figure out. Not a fan of the kugel blade, but others like it.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 4:59 am
Hamilton Beach comes with a fine shredder blade.

ez-pass

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:02 am
The braun is best! I have two for weekday and one for pesach! They are going on 12 years and used all the time.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:02 am
Lydia wrote:

How is it for kugel?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:13 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Hamilton Beach comes with a fine shredder blade.

Not all models

Chayalle

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:18 am
Are you me? My food processor broke this past Friday as I was making my potato kugel (truthfully it had been "groaning" and making weird sounds for a while, so it didn't come as a total shock.)

Total Hashgacha, but last night Amazon had a lightning deal for the Braun, and I ordered a new one. It's coming tomorrow.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:37 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Not all models

Oh.
I don't know how much more mine costs than when I got it a few years ago for under $50.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:38 am
Chayalle wrote:
Are you me? My food processor broke this past Friday as I was making my potato kugel (truthfully it had been "groaning" and making weird sounds for a while, so it didn't come as a total shock.)

Total Hashgacha, but last night Amazon had a lightning deal for the Braun, and I ordered a new one. It's coming tomorrow.

How much was it, if you don't mind saying? Just for future reference. I just remembered that we need a new one for Pesach.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 5:50 am
PinkFridge wrote:
How much was it, if you don't mind saying? Just for future reference. I just remembered that we need a new one for Pesach.

https://www.dansdeals.com/shop.....azon/
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars