Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Cool craft ideas?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 6:49 am
Doing a small party for DD7, will have some younger kids and older kids there too.

Looking for a cool craft idea to do with the kids. One year I bought blank puzzles and we decorated those, it was a hit! I'd love another neat kind of craft that kids don't typically do at home.

I thought of beads, but would want a slightly more unique idea, or maybe there are some kinds of unusual beads I could get.

Not a huge budget, but willing to spend more than construction paper and glue Smile

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 8:07 am
Not neat at all but not super messy. Also it's fun even for teens but may be too old. Glue crayons (name brand only) onto a canvas and blow dry it. Google image crayon paint art. Needs adult supervision but it's really really cool. Or just get onto pinterest and search for craft ideas.

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 8:11 am
Decorate small wooden jewelry boxes, can buy for cheap in bulk. Tie dye tshirts. Decorate cookies or cupcakes. Make necklaces. Buy pre-sketched canvas that they can paint.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 8:36 am
So fun!!!

I love the jewelry box or jewelry idea. Interesting beads make it special.

Have you seen the small foam by number sets? Those can be cool.

Are you artsy enough to have the kids make foam bags?

Duck tape wallets or flower pencils?

Melted crayon makes a beautiful project but if you melt crayons, make sure you have enough hair dryers so the kids are not waiting forever.

Don’t use paint or anything too messy. Children come in their nicest non-Shabbos clothes and while they are washable, and the moms know there is a good chance the shirt is coming home dirty with ice-cream, it is not fair to use blue paint which says washable but may or may not come out.

Someone mentioned tie-dye. It stains. You can do a tie-dye party, but you must tell the moms in advance.

LisaS

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 9:02 am
Sock puppets are fun. You can prep in advance and just have them choose eyes, hair, accessories. Then make a skit with everyone's puppets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children