Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Has anyone's child taken a class in budgeting/finances?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 8:23 pm
Is there a self paced budgeting course that is appropriate for a Bais Yaakov teenager online? Has anyone's teen taken such a thing? Was it helpful? Did you take it together with your teen? Looking for something very practical that they can implement right away.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 8:25 pm
so I did not but I teach business math to 11th graders and there is a program we implement 1x a week from an organization called Mesila. It isn't a full budgeting course but it's a good basis if you can get the book.

Great ma

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 9:21 pm
Yup - Mesila - they are an excellent Jewish financial education coaching program. But usually for couples. I don't see why they wouldn't do for teenagers though - reach out to them and if they don't currently do teens then suggest it - a fabulous idea! and maybe they may know who else would have a program for teens if they don't/can't accommodate that at present?

advocate

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 10:26 pm
https://www.mesila.org/service.....tion/

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Oct 27 2022, 10:31 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
so I did not but I teach business math to 11th graders and there is a program we implement 1x a week from an organization called Mesila. It isn't a full budgeting course but it's a good basis if you can get the book.
My teenage sister took that class in high school. She really enjoyed it.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 8:51 am
amother Apple wrote:
My teenage sister took that class in high school. She really enjoyed it.

thank you for this info!!! so helpful - I will try get it implemented in our schools here! or at least share it with my kids

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 9:01 pm
They have started teaching the Mesilla Teens program to the girls here - very exciting development!

some people still don't hold of delving too deeply into finances because they say leave room for bitachon and Hashem to send the money - but then why do we learn maths if 1+1 is not meant to add up to 2 because we're leaving room for bitachion and miracles?

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 10:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there a self paced budgeting course that is appropriate for a Bais Yaakov teenager online? Has anyone's teen taken such a thing? Was it helpful? Did you take it together with your teen? Looking for something very practical that they can implement right away.

Dd is taking "accounting" in 11th grade. It is just a junior accounting/bookkeeping/check balancing course where they learn about finances and the world around them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children