Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Sheva brachos, what is normal in Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 10:36 pm
amother Royalblue wrote:
I'm sure this was not your intention, but it is actually really hurtful to those of us who come in the middle of the children/grandchildren. Somehow we are less loved/important???

Literally stabs me in the stomach each time I read this.

But I agree with you about SB, they can be great fun, just don't take them too seriously. Order pizza and have a casual one.

I’m not the oldest grandchild by far. And my grandparents were over the moon by my wedding and sheva brachos. That said- I just married off my oldest, to another oldest- and the newness was exciting. I’ve never married off a child before. Will I be much more seasoned by number 2,3,4 etc? Sure, and my kids will benefit from my knowing what I’m talking about. My second daughter even said she’s excited to not be first, because I’m getting all the kinks out with number 1. But they won’t be the first. Everyone has their birth order- with the benefits and less beneficial things that come with it.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 10:38 pm
Librarian wrote:
As the mother of the choson or the kallah, I really appreciated sheva brochos. It helped ease my way down from the wedding and pre-wedding excitement instead of suffering a huge crash. I got to see the new couple every night. I appreciated every one!

Yes! They certainly didn’t call or hang around otherwise.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics