Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Help! Billed for cleaning ladys ambulance

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 6:48 pm
Couple of months ago my cleaning lady wasn't feeling well and asked me to call an ambulance for her. Got a bill in the mail today from EMS $1,000.

I guess she probably doesn't have insurance.

Am I responsible to pay for it because it happened by me? Had nothing to do with her work. How can I get out of this? Or anyone know someone that cam guide me how to deal with it?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:03 pm
Does she work with papers? Because if not you can always say you have no idea who she is.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:04 pm
What happened at your house? She started to feel sick, or she injured herself? My guess is she told the responders and the ER something happened to her at your house, and you should be on the lookout that you also don't get a bill from your homeowners insurance for a claim to pay for her ER visit.

If she was feeling ill, you could have just driven her to the hospital. Was it an emergency that required 911?

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:05 pm
They can’t bill you. It has nothing to do with you. I would call and say someone was sick and took an ambulance from your house and it has nothing to do with you and here is her number they can work it out with her directly.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:13 pm
It means she used your address for the ambulance report. Tell them she doesn’t live by you

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 8:17 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
It means she used your address for the ambulance report. Tell them she doesn’t live by you

Right.
Someone in the know said I don't have to worry about it since it's not billed under my name only my address.

mamabird73

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 8:25 pm
I've dealt with something pretty similar before. You call and let them know that the person doesn't live there, isn't you or related to you in any way. It took me just that one phone call to resolve. Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries