Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
When to wax?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 6:57 pm
My dd is 12 and I see she started having dark lip hairs- when shoudl I start taking her for waxing s? ( if it was up to me I d laser her whole body and be done with it lol ) also should I consider electrolysis and if not at what age? Thx

( she s very petite and did not mature yet if that changes anything)

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 6:58 pm
Has your daughter broached this topic with you?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 13 2022, 7:00 pm
No but I feel like I should give her the option instead of her feeling uncomfortable about it. She s my oldest so I’m not sure if it’s too young…

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:09 pm
Bump?

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:19 pm
Dissenting opinion. Never. I don’t wax or laser. I shave my legs and armpits and Tweeze my eyebrows and never fell for the message that we should be hairless monkeys. I credit my mom With never giving me the idea that facial and body hair was abnormal.

I know I’ll get attacked for my opinion. But I thought you should have another perspective

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:23 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Dissenting opinion. Never. I don’t wax or laser. I shave my legs and armpits and Tweeze my eyebrows and never fell for the message that we should be hairless monkeys. I credit my mom With never giving me the idea that facial and body hair was abnormal.

I know I’ll get attacked for my opinion. But I thought you should have another perspective

I could have written your post (but truthfully I'm not very hairy!)
It might be different for very hairy ladies or very dark noticeable hair.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:23 pm
I brought it up to my daughter before she did to me. I didn't want her to be made fun or feel insecure so I let her know, without pointing anything out, that when she's ready she should let me know.
In general, laser on the upper lip is not so successful. Electrolysis is better. But either way you need to wait for her to mature and even a few years past because of hormone changes. If you do laser or electrolysis it can go grow back due to hormonal change.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:33 pm
Maybe let her know it's something some women do (or even you?) And that it's up to her when she wants.

I had to BEG my mom. She put me in public high school (from a baiss Yaakov) and it was humiliating. If you though girls can be mean, boys were a disaster. She didn't get it. It's not ok

Serena1

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 7:37 pm
Always better not to touch upper hair lip till you are ready for electrolysis. The hair will grow back slower and weaker if it has never been waxed or tweezed and permanent removal will then be much quicker. As for when to start, a very experienced beautician told me to wait till a year after daughters period has come regularly because then hormones which effect upper hair lip growth has settled.

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 8:02 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:

Some women prefer to remove their noticeable mustaches.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 8:05 pm
My dd is almost 12 and has noticeable lip hair too. I told her about electrolysis and she wasn't interested. At this point it bothered me more than it bothers her. At least she knows the options and when she is ready she will let me know. I probably will go straight to electrolysis and not even bother with waxing.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 1:15 am
I bleached my upper lip until I was ready for waxing (and ultimately did laser until it didn't grow back). I was able to do it at home, and it didn't hurt.
Might be a good option to offer, as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children