Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What are you making for tonight supper?
Previous  1  2

dankbar

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 10:27 am
Tonight we're having

Spinach
Breaded tilapia
Baked ziti
Yogurt fruit smoothie

little neshamala

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 10:42 am
amother OP wrote:
Need ideas.
With chicken (chicken cutlet or on the bone) and basic household food items without any strange ingredients.

Can anyone help?

I cube chicken cutlets and make a very hearty chicken vegetable soup in the instant pot...with diced onion, zuchinni, fresh mushrooms, carrots, cellery...sometimes I add beans...season with salt and dill
Then I add lots of cooked pasta when its done, and we have a super simple, very delicious, one bowl supper.(everyone takes 2 bowls and is stuffed)

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 10:51 am
Butternut squash soup with matzo balls

Chicken with mushrooms
Hash browns
Squash in tomato sauce

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 1:10 pm
My husband loves meatballs and spaghetti I can’t for the life of me get the meat to stay in ball form anyone know how I can make successful meatballs? thought I’ll ask here

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 1:14 pm
I am making Momnmys Chicken from Between Carpools.
I don't see why it wouldn't work with bone in white meat.

https://betweencarpools.com/mo.....-day/

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 2:04 pm
amother Stone wrote:
My husband loves meatballs and spaghetti I can’t for the life of me get the meat to stay in ball form anyone know how I can make successful meatballs? thought I’ll ask here

How do you make the meatballs? Do you have a recipe? I make the one from the first beis yaakov cookbook and never had an issue. Usually things falling apart means you haven't got enough binding ingredients.

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 2:09 pm
I bake the meatballs first. It keeps their shape.

Esty Wolbe had a spaghetti and meatballs recipe that you make in the oven. https://www.kosher.com/shows/v.....balls

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 2:10 pm
Thnx so much!!!! I follow a recipe with bread crumbs but never worked out gonna try this recipe thnx

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 2:20 pm
amother Stone wrote:

I add one egg and some bread crumbs to one pound of spiced ground meat and I never had a problem of them falling apart

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 3:27 pm
Tonight is hamoud and rice. I’m trying the hamoud with turkey instead of chicken, cuz that’s what I have.

Fast Forward

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 3:31 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....6718. If the link does not work, the recipe is called Aunt Hindys chicken. It is delicious. I am making it for supper tonight. I use the frozen tri colored pepper strips. It's great over rice or mashed potatoes and it freezes very well

giftedmom

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 4:20 pm
Dark breaded chicken cutlets and French fries

curlyhead

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:26 am
Pot of soup
wraps with tuna and scrambled eggs and salad

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 4:46 am
amother Stone wrote:

Add 2 eggs to 1 pound of minced meat.
Don't add too many breadcrumbs. About a small plastic cup is good I think. I don't measure.

accountantmommy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 7:21 am
Easy chicken enchiladas:

Bake 2 chicken cutlets at 350 for 45 min with just oil salt and pepper or use left over chicken.

Shredd and mix in a big bowl with 1 can refried beans (goya or trader joes makes kosher) and 1 jar salsa.

Take corn or flour tortillas and place small amlunt of chicken mixture inside and roll up. Place each roll into 9x13 in one layer and then pour enchilada sauce over it. Bake 45 min at 350 and serve with guac. You can actually prep until baking and freeze it.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 7:23 am
Bean burritos (black beans with TJs veggie refried beans), with tortillas, plain greek yogurt, shredded cheese, tomatoes, black olives, diced canned chilies, avocado, and lettuce...and an assortment of hot sauces.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen