Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
My ds wants to join the idf and make aliya, need advice
Previous  1  2  3  4

FmrNewEnglander

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:01 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Flip side is that 1 and half years + 3 years of service + 4 years of bachlors+ 2 years of masters = he would be almost 30 by the time he could enter the work force.

There are 6 month mechinot that he can do just to get his feet wet and "land" before he jumps in...

Last one. Smile
Yeah but...

First of all ... he probably would not do 3 years. If you do not make aliyah first (which arguably you should not) you do 18 months and if you want to add...add.

If you stay in Israel -- Bachelors is 3 years not 4.

But, if he is already older -- then I can understand. But the average Israeli starts everything much later.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:09 pm
amother Lawngreen wrote:
Flip side is that 1 and half years + 3 years of service + 4 years of bachlors+ 2 years of masters = he would be almost 30 by the time he could enter the work force.

There are 6 month mechinot that he can do just to get his feet wet and "land" before he jumps in...

There are a reasonable number of Anglo olim or English-speaking kids of olim in many mechinot.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions