Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sheer black pantyhose

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 9:54 am
Do the fashionistas predict these will come back into style? I don't mean tights, I mean pantyhose like Leggs Sheer Energy or the like.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 9:55 am
I see all instagramers wearing them. I really hope not. They are so much less comfortable than black tights

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 9:59 am
Ew. That is one thing I most certainly will not wear, looks awful

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 10:06 am
I love the look. If the good enough for Princess Kate it’s good enough for me. Nothing sxier IMO than black stockings and stilettos.

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 7:30 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
I love the look. If the good enough for Princess Kate it’s good enough for me. Nothing sxier IMO than black stockings and stilettos.

Can you post a link or pic?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 7:42 pm
They've been out for so long, it's time for them to cycle back in. I predict in a year or so, this will be the trend in the frum world. That's just how fashion works.
My opinion: certainly not as comfortable as tights, but there are certain shoes that just need a sheer stocking. And some outfits look far better with black stockings than nude, especially very wintry ones.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 8:20 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Can you post a link or pic?

There’s no way I know how to do that but rudimentary search yielded dozens of examples

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 8:25 pm
I also feel they are ripe for a comeback. Maybe I'll remember to ask again next year. And I definitely would prefer them to nude in the winter when tights just don't work, are too hot, etc. I'll just have to wait and hope LOL

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 8:42 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Ew. That is one thing I most certainly will not wear, looks awful

No it doesn’t. If you have good kegs they’re very s-xy

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 8:51 pm
amother Navy wrote:
No it doesn’t. If you have good kegs they’re very s-xy

Not to mention, when people first started wearing thicker black tights instead of sheer black with dressy outfits, we thought it looked strange too, at first. But then, everyone started wearing it and it just looked normal. It's a matter of what you are used to. When sheer black stockings come back in, everyone will adjust to the "new" look and once it becomes standard, nobody will think it looks weird or ugly.

goldy 1

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 6:48 am
Will this come into the heimish chassidish community too, or by them it's considered a lack of tznius?

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 7:07 am
They are already back in. Prob not in the heimish/Chassidish community though.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 8:43 am
amother Copper wrote:
Not to mention, when people first started wearing thicker black tights instead of sheer black with dressy outfits, we thought it looked strange too, at first. But then, everyone started wearing it and it just looked normal. It's a matter of what you are used to. When sheer black stockings come back in, everyone will adjust to the "new" look and once it becomes standard, nobody will think it looks weird or ugly.

This 100%.

Tights look ridiculous with dressy items. You only think it looks OK because your eyes in the frum world got used to it.

I want to remphasize frum world.

In the rest of the world tights are only worn for specific looks.
I just went to a professional conference, my first since covid, and as I was leaving my house realized I should have brought nude hose, but I had thrown out my summer ones and too late to buy.

I was The. Only. One. In tights.
Nude hose (or nothing) for business casual or casual attire, and nude or black sheer for formal wear.

Buts that not here or there. We're talking frum fashion.
The above is a psa for when you venture out.

DustyDiamonds

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:01 am
amother Peach wrote:
This 100%.

Tights look ridiculous with dressy items. You only think it looks OK because your eyes in the frum world got used to it.

I just went to a professional conference, my first since covid, and as I was leaving my house realized I should have brought nude hose, but I had thrown out my summer ones and too late to buy.

Nude hose (or nothing) for business casual or casual attire, and nude or black sheer for formal wear.

Why don’t secular women’s legs get cold when they’re dressed up in career or evening wear???

I keep wondering this, although I see the look everywhere! And here I am ordering more fleece-lined leggings!

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:07 am
Also waiting for it to make a comeback, I think it looks so much dressier and classier with heels. It’s funny, I was in Israel recently and saw lots of people in sheer black, even for regular weekday. Seems to be much more prevalent there.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:08 am
DustyDiamonds wrote:
Why don’t secular women’s legs get cold when they’re dressed up in career or evening wear???

I keep wondering this, although I see the look everywhere! And here I am ordering more fleece-lined leggings!

Lol women don't seem to care, fashion rules over comfort. That's why they wear high heels.

Many frum women wear regular opaque tights when it's freezing. Still cold, no? But most important is to keep your torso warm.

Once there was a warning about dangerously cold temperatures. Under my Shabbos dress I was wearing three layers: tights, leggings, and close fitting black trousers. My legs could still feel the cold.

Meanwhile, a woman with sensory sensitivities had bare legs under a knee length skirt, and boots. I was aghast but I guess she lived.

taketwo

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:12 am
I think in the general world they are in. I've seen many ads for sheer look black pantyhouse. They basically line sheer black tights with light tan colored fleece so it looks like you've got sheer pantyhouse but you're actually warm from the fleece. I've been tempted to buy because I like the look, but their pricey so I'm waiting....

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:16 am
amother Peach wrote:
This 100%.

They also think their kids looks amazing in poofy weird satin material dresses with trains embroidered on it. Not sure I ever want to follow any of their fashion choices. Just saying

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:21 am
amother Natural wrote:
They also think their kids looks amazing in poofy weird satin material dresses with trains embroidered on it. Not sure I ever want to follow any of their fashion choices. Just saying

Are we talking about secular fashion? Not sure what you mean but frum kids seem to be dressed these days in boring dull solids when they're dressed up. Nothing to brag about IMO.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 9:28 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
Are we talking about secular fashion? Not sure what you mean but frum kids seem to be dressed these days in boring dull solids when they're dressed up. Nothing to brag about IMO.

The non Jewish photographers I follow always recommend dull solids for pictures. They claim it looks way better than neon, and loud or patterned clothing. So I guess it depends who is talking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics