Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Ordering from Amazon without it being on my account

coloredleaves

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:19 pm
If I want to order personal items in Amazon without my kids who also use my acct seeing it in my order history how do I do that.? Is there a way to order as a guest? Or open a free other Amazon account? What do people do?

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:25 pm
sure you can open a free account with a different email address or even just a phone number you just won't have prime
I do that for any personal items I don't want people to see

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:34 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
sure you can open a free account with a different email address or even just a phone number you just won't have prime
I do that for any personal items I don't want people to see

Cant u make a trial membership for prime?

little neshamala

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:38 pm
coloredleaves wrote:
If I want to order personal items in Amazon without my kids who also use my acct seeing it in my order history how do I do that.? Is there a way to order as a guest? Or open a free other Amazon account? What do people do?

There is a way.
I forgot how, but I remember reading about it online once, and I thought it was a great idea for when I want to order hub a present, or I dont want kids seeing lingerie etc.
It had to do with making a separate account, that is connected to your original one. It would be a separate name and order history but connected to your prime account.
I never got around to doing it, and I read this a few years ago, so I hope it still exists

ShirleyTemple

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:39 pm
coloredleaves wrote:

You can clear the browsing history and after you placed the order you can archive it.

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:39 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Cant u make a trial membership for prime?

You should be able to you would just have to remember to cancel it and make sure it has no links to your old account, similar phone number etc

little neshamala

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:42 pm
https://www.consumerreports.or.....ship.

Here I did a quick search.
Try this. Amazon Household.

chanar

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 3:46 pm
Within your Amazon account you can add a family member. That family member gets their own logon, but your prime membership is Included. I’m not on a computer right now so can’t tell you exactly how to do it, but it wasn’t hard!!!

newmother

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 4:02 pm
Amazon household- separate email address and account under the same household

devorah1231

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 7:13 pm
Just archive the order and remove from recently viewed/browsing list. That's what I do when buy dh gifts.

chili-n-cholent

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 10:05 am
newmother wrote:
Amazon household- separate email address and account under the same household

When using amazon household the main individual on the account gets notifications for each item you bought and needs to approve it.

singleagain

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 10:26 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
When using amazon household the main individual on the account gets notifications for each item you bought and needs to approve it.

Maybe if you have it said to teens or kids because I'm a member of my dad's household and he does not get any information about mine except for every so often are echo device notifies him that there's a package for me or him or whatever that's a little mixed up, but I'm pretty sure that you can set the privacy settings

cholentfan1

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:50 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:

So give the kids the second account, which won't show the other items, and she can buy on the main account.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics