Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What to do in my extra time

Flower25

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 10:26 am
So I have 3 kids that are all going out already, that leaves me with a long day home alone. I don't want to commit to a job as it would be too hard for me to make it to work every day and PT isn't an option as most offices don't need a part timer. So I'm home doing laundry, supper, cleaning.. then take care of my kids once they've gotten home. but I feel like I feel like there's lots of empty time in between chores as well as I could use something that should motivate me to do my work. What hobby/work can I do from home?

zaq

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:21 pm
Most hobbies that don't involve outdoor sports can be done at home. Any type of craft, creative cooking and baking, cake decorating, origami, sewing, dressmaking, embroidery, crocheting, knitting, beading, basket weaving, calligraphy, stamp collecting, furniture refinishing, jewelrymaking. Study foreign languages with Duolingo (free) or other programs, not necessarily free. Attend online classes in just about any topic of interest. Volunteer at a local senior center or nursing home. Learn to play a musical instrument. Need I go on?

happytobemom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 12:44 pm
Any shiurim in your area?

devorah1231

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 1:04 pm
You don't have to work in an office! Think creatively! Some ideas:

Volunteer (or try to get paid) to be a music or crafts morah, or to be an on call substitute
Try to do freelance writing
Look in classifieds to see who needs help
Try learning about professional organizing/party planning/wigs/makeup
If you are good with kids/babies maybe you can do babysitting for family members
Look for remote office work that may be part time like typing, virtual secretary
Do you have a car? Can you work/volunteer to do driving ie for bikur cholim?

cuffs

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 2:14 pm
I go to the gym every morning
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics