Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Re: Camp Lehava

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 6:08 pm
I wasn't able to respond anonymously on the post in miscellaneous so I am answering here.

I don't think they have office hours in the winter. Just wait until December 1 and fill out the application that becomes available online on their website and then they'll respond after a few weeks.
Is there a question I can answer for you?
Do want the name of the owner to try to track her down personally (not sure that's the best idea).

sruth1

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 6:23 pm
I want to find out more about the camp, where the girls are from. What the hashkafah is. What type of activities. Who runs the camp? What the application process is. How much camp costs. I don't Want to hunt anyone down, I jus wonder if and when they return calls and e-mails. Most other camps have returned my calls, and applications will open soon, but I don’t want to apply if it’s not the right camp for my daughter.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 7:11 pm
sruth1 wrote:
I want to find out more about the camp, where the girls are from. What the hashkafah is. What lo of activities. Who runs the camp? What the application process is. How much camp costs. I don't Want to hunt anyone down, I jus wonder if and when they return calls and e-mails. Most other camps have returned my calls, and applications will open soon, but I don’t want to apply if it’s not the right camp for my daughter.

This camp does run a little later, it's true, regarding open registration and being in touch.

Hashkafa: Bais Yaakov hashkafa
Activities: You choose one workshop for the summer and you do that each day first activity (gymnastics, painting, baking, wood burning...lots more. Age CITs lifeguard certification is also an option). Swimming. Leagues. Baking. Crafts. Rest hour. Main activity. Night activity. Breakouts. A major trip each half.
A lot of dancing (they sometimes hire people). July 4th is fun with fireworks. Cleanup program with perks of merch or trip off ground. (Hope this all helps- my daughter have me the details.)
Runs Camp: Tzivya Altman
Application Process: Everything gets filled out online on their portal and you upload all insurance docs and things like that. They get back to you a few weeks after re acceptance.
Cost: 2 years ago it was $2850 a half all inclusive including counselor tips and $100 canteen, but who knows with inflation.

Contact: Look up Tzivya Altman on 57th St in Brooklyn. Let me know when you take down this info and I will delete this part.

sruth1

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 7:58 pm
Are there a lot of out of town girls or mostly New York and Lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 16 2022, 8:07 pm
sruth1 wrote:
Are there a lot of out of town girls or mostly New York and Lakewood?

Waterbury, LA, Israel. You could say it has an out of town feel, because it's chilled, not as into brands like other places. Very homey, achdus environment.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 6:46 pm
https://screencast-o-matic.com.....VU2Tw

Elanaesther

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 5:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wasn't able to respond anonymously on the post in miscellaneous so I am answering here.

I don't think they have office hours in the winter. Just wait until December 1 and fill out the application that becomes available online on their website and then they'll respond after a few weeks.
Is there a question I can answer for you?
Do want the name of the owner to try to track her down personally (not sure that's the best idea).

Hi, I was happy to find this thread. Their ad in Mishpacha said they’re for 5th grade and up. Does that mean coming out of 5th? My daughter is going into 5th and I just tried to fill out the application (which opened today), and the screen gave me an automatic error when I entered the grade and birthdate that she’s too young.

I did try to email their office about a week ago but no answer yet.

Corrilla

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 12:57 pm
the age is out of 5th grade (going into 6th)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps