Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
New Girls Schools In Lakewood/Jackson Area

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:25 am
I am having trouble getting my dd into girls schools in Lakewood. I haven't even received interviews for the more established schools I applied to. Any ideas on newer schools with a good reputation that we can apply to at this stage in the game? Any other ideas? Looking for simple, torahdik crowd.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 10:33 am
This is properly not what you want to hear,

When my daughter was going into Primary there were no seats, there was about 5 of us in the Kindergarten class who had our first girl and would sit and talk and chase rumors on what place had room.

In June or July 2-3 schools opened up with full classes.

I hear from my brother how hard it is to get into school this year and wish you well.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 12:19 pm
We heard amazing things about Shiras Bais Yaakov. They recently changed their name to shiras ruchama.
It’s run by rabbi and Mrs Cohen and and they are incredible!
Much hatzlacha!

birdsong

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 6:08 pm
We heard amazing things about Shiras Bais Yaakov. They recently changed their name to shiras ruchama.
Much hatzlacha!

What type of school is it? Does it cater to torahdik crowd? How old?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 6:09 pm
Bais yaakov bnos chayil heard it’s warm and a nice crowd. Shiras BY also heard good things about.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 10:52 am
It looks like I am in a similar situation. What information have you found it? Which schools is there still a chance to get accepted to?

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 3:07 pm
I recently applied to shiras ruchama and received an interview so it seems they still have some openings. I would love to hear more info about the school from anyone who’s there or plans to send

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 3:17 pm
birdsong wrote:
Much hatzlacha!

What type of school is it? Does it cater to torahdik crowd? How old?

Please explain. Aren't we all torahdik here? Especially if we're applying to schools around Lakewood?

care4u

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 3:25 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
Please explain. Aren't we all torahdik here? Especially if we're applying to schools around Lakewood?

Nope.
Sadly not.

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 6:48 pm
care4u wrote:
Nope.
Sadly not.

What does that mean in actuality? Why would a frum school be geared towards non torahdik families?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:38 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
I recently applied to shiras ruchama and received an interview so it seems they still have some openings. I would love to hear more info about the school from anyone who’s there or plans to send

I 2nd this, can I hear more info
What crowd? Is it a warm environment? Academic level? Hashkafa? Thanks

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:52 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I 2nd this, can I hear more info
What crowd? Is it a warm environment? Academic level? Hashkafa? Thanks

Crowd is a big mix, rabbi Cohens motto is that we don’t care what your background is chasidish, litvish, Sephardi.. as long as you are on the same level frumkeit wise. They expect the mothers to dress like bais yaakov girls, fathers to wear white shirts. The crowd is mostly working fathers.
Not sure about the academic level it’s a brand new school they only have till 2nd grade.
It’s a very warm environment, Mrs Cohens chinuch model is that she wants to know every single student so if something is wrong or they are acting up she will know them enough to know why.
Rabbi Cohen is a roach yeshiva and he has a very successful yeshiva on spruce street.

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:55 pm
One more thing I have to say is that waiting for the vaad for help is not the worst thing. As long as you reach out on time they really try to match you up with a school that will work for you.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 9:25 pm
Does anyone know how long it takes for the vaad to get back to you after emailing them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries