Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
MNRI therapy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 2:56 pm
Has anyone tried MNRI therapy (reflex integration) for their child?
If you have, would you so kindly share what were the issues you were seeking help regarding, how long did it take to see progress, and who you went to.
I would really appreciate it!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 3:24 pm
I am the OP of the other post about how people can afford private OT. I'm following this... would love to hear.

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 6:24 pm
Hi my son is now 14 months old. He had 2 strokes (1 in utero & 1 after birth) and spent first month & a half of his life in hospital. So he was a bit delayed and also doesnt make much use of his left hand due to the stroke. We started mnri when he was 10 months old. Within 2 weeks he was sitting completely unsupported! (After his regular therapists have been working on it for months). There are many other smaller improvements that I keep seeing on a constant basis (like more tolerance for touch for example)

I will say that it wasn't easy for him and alot of tears were shed during his sessions, we eventually switched to aquatherapy & he tolerates it so much better bh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)