Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Do you have built in cutlery dividers and like it?

harriet

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:09 pm
I'm considering buying build in cutlery dividers when I order my cabinets but can't decide. The pros for me are that it looks so nice and organized (and matching wood interior) and the con is that cutlery dividers have tended to get grimy and gross in my house and I like being able to take them out and wash them in the sink or even throw them out and replace them. I'm concerned about that not being an option in this case.

Anyone care to share their experience and thoughts about this pressing issue?

Thank you!

tweety1

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:15 pm
I have. Formica. So far loving it. I clean it with a toothbrush, vacume cleaner every so often.

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:32 pm
I have a built in knife drawer in the top drawer next to my sink and I love it.

I did have a drawer lined in tarnish resistant material for my silver flatware

I even had custom velvet trays done for my large jewelry armoire.

I also have some other customization items in my kitchen and the cutlery tray was an option.

I decided against it and I don't regret it. Take a look at aftermarket products from Revashelf or just on amazon or The Container Store and there are loads of possibilities.

https://www.build.com/rev-a-sh.....12874

cholentfan1

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 12:48 pm
We bought plastic inserts that slot in to the exact size of the drawer, so it's like having it built in. But they can come out for easy cleaning. I find crumbs etc drop into the drawers and it's so much easier sliding it out and washing it up. I don't remember where we bought them as it was years ago.

twolilgirlies

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:01 pm
I have. Really like the look. I clean it occasionally but don’t find it gets so dirty just random crumbs and a spot here or there. My kids are little and I generally hand them what they need so no dirty hands in the draws.

lamplighter

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:11 pm
I prefer the ones I can take out and clean.

effess

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:32 pm
I prefer the ones I can remove and clean.
We have a rule , wash your hands before opening cabinets or drawers and every few week I wonder where all the STUFF comes from.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 1:53 pm
IME, you can never really clean such things effectively. Too many corners and crannies. I prefer removable units that I can immerse in water and get thoroughly clean.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 2:01 pm
effess wrote:
I prefer the ones I can remove and clean.
We have a rule , wash your hands before opening cabinets or drawers and every few week I wonder where all the STUFF comes from.

I'm washing my hands very frequently when in kitchen and still things don't stay clean..

essie14

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 12:45 am
Our kitchen company gave us removable ones that fit exactly in the cutlery drawers. I like being able to thoroughly clean them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars