Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby bottles

Happyjewishmom1

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:17 am
I'm currently pregnant with my 2nd bh, I did nurse, and iyh do plan on nursing. I did want to give a bottle or 2 a day, didnt have much luck with that. She wld gag on her bottle, don't know if was the formula or bottle itself.. like idk if nipple was issue or bottle. I did switch out the nipples and bottles but don't think I liked any I had anyway and then she just refused it altogehter cuz I was exclusivly nursing after that. So I didnt bother looking into it..And neither did I like the formula I was using. Need good advice on bottles for newborns, which ones r good, and also formula for sensitive stomachs. (My first had extremely sensitive stomach so wld definitely go with such formula for the next) Thank you!!

TravelHearter

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:21 am
If you’re planning on nursing, why don’t you pump and give her that milk in a bottle instead of formula? I would think that’s the best thing for her stomach.
If you specifically want formula, one of my kids did really well on Enfamil gentle ease.

Happyjewishmom1

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:23 am
Thanx! Yes I tried pumping too, that wasn't working well for me. I wasn't getting much thru pumping but I wld definitely try again this time around. But if that won't work out...need to give at least 2 bottles day or just by night for my sanity!

denaNY

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:27 am
I got a tincture that really made my milk supply great

TravelHearter

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:32 am
Happyjewishmom1 wrote:
Thanx! Yes I tried pumping too, that wasn't working well for me. I wasn't getting much thru pumping but I wld definitely try again this time around. But if that won't work out...need to give at least 2 bottles day or just by night for my sanity!

Doesn’t skipping a feeding affect your supply?

My last baby I was off of work for 3 months and I pumped after every feed and froze it. Got a nice stash BH it really does add up,

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:32 am
Hi!
So I knew before I had my baby that I wanted her to know how to take a bottle. So even though I was nursing & pumping for her, I made sure she had a formula bottle at least three times a week
That way she learnt to drink form a bottle - so I had no issues when I needed to send her to the babysitter, and she also learned to like formula.
I used the Dr. Brown Bottle - like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Brow.....r=8-5

And I use Kendamil formula

It bh worked out great, and I thanked myself for getting her used to the bottle and the formula because unfortunately although I did lose my milk after 6 months, I was fortunate that she would happily drink the formula bottle.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:33 am
TravelHearter wrote:
Doesn’t skipping a feeding affect your supply?

My last baby I was off of work for 3 months and I pumped after every feed and froze it. Got a nice stash BH it really does add up,

Not if you train your body that way from Day one
I did

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:34 am
I really liked Mam bottles for my difficult eater. And I used Similac sensitive formula (purple container) and enfamil gentlease. I also used the walmart/target brand comparison.

People like Dr. Browns bottles but I hated them with a passion. A million little pieces to wash with a tiny brush. And they leaked like mad.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:44 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
I really liked Mam bottles for my difficult eater. And I used Similac sensitive formula (purple container) and enfamil gentlease. I also used the walmart/target brand comparison.

People like Dr. Browns bottles but I hated them with a passion. A million little pieces to wash with a tiny brush. And they leaked like mad.

Yes they are annoying to wash, But I did it because it did work for my baby
regarding the leaking, I never had an issue with that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics