Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Glass oven-safe dishes on hot plate?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:20 am
I've only ever placed metal containers on my hot plate. Just wanted to check that it is safe to put an oven safe glass container (like pyrex or anchor hocking bakeware) on it. Of course those dishes are not for stovetop use.

Thanks.

Motherhood

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:52 am
No I don’t think it is safe. I once took out a hot Pyrex dish from the oven and placed it on my glass table. The tabletop cracked in half.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 11:56 am
Motherhood wrote:
No I don’t think it is safe. I once took out a hot Pyrex dish from the oven and placed it on my glass table. The tabletop cracked in half.

That's scary and I'm sorry that happened, but how is that relevant to a stainless steel hot tray? (I have the tech yid co. one)

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 12:35 pm
I put Pyrex on my hot plate all the time and never had an issue. But I guess it depends on how hot your hot plate gets? Also, it might be prudent to not put a cold glass dish immediately on the hot plate as the sudden temperature change can have undesired results.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 12:41 pm
amother Opal wrote:
I put Pyrex on my hot plate all the time and never had an issue. But I guess it depends on how hot your hot plate gets? Also, it might be prudent to not put a cold glass dish immediately on the hot plate as the sudden temperature change can have undesired results.

I definitely agree with this. I had intended on putting a hot glass dish on the tray.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 12:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
I've only ever placed metal containers on my hot plate. Just wanted to check that it is safe to put an oven safe glass container (like pyrex or anchor hocking bakeware) on it. Of course those dishes are not for stovetop use.

Thanks.

I put my oven safe glass cookware on my blech. One time I had something shatter when I put it on the counter, but it was only one dish, one time.

yiddishmom

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 12:49 pm
I put my Pyrex dish on the hotplate often.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note