Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Got turkey cutlets by mistake

Momkan

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 4:03 am
I meant to get chicken cutlets to make regular chicken. I still breaded it and want to try it but how will it differ? Should I fry longer or shorter? Will it be good Shabbos day? Ty!

Momkan

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 6:40 am
Anyone?? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 6:40 am
Here is a recipe for sautéed turkey cutlets - just use it as a template for breading it with whatever you usually bread it with.

Turkey - in my experience - has a stronger taste than chicken. I happen to like turkey but just pointing that out. It should texturally be the same as chicken.

How thick are the cutlets - if they are thick - especially if irregularly thick pounding them to a thinner more consistent size helps the end result

Lime and Macadamia Nut–Crusted Turkey Cutlets with Tropical Salsa

Excerpt From: Ronnie Fein - Hip Kosher

Macadamias are rich and they give terrific crunch; the salsa in this recipe (you can make it a day or so ahead) is tangy and soft, so there’s good balance in this dish. I’ve made the salsa without the turkey and served it as a dip for chips.

1½–2 pounds turkey cutlets
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 cup finely chopped macadamias
4–5 tablespoons vegetable oil

Place the cutlets in a nonreactive dish. Mix the 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, and cayenne and pour over the turkey. Let marinate 10–20 minutes. Turn the turkey once or twice during this time. Coat the turkey with the macadamias, pressing the nuts onto the meat. Let rest for 5 minutes. Heat 4 tablespoons vegetable oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cook the turkey for about 2–3 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy, adding more vegetable oil if needed to prevent sticking. Drain on paper towels and serve with the salsa.

Momkan

Post Fri, Nov 18 2022, 7:04 am
Thank you!

happymommy6

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 6:44 pm
Momkan wrote:
I meant to get chicken cutlets to make regular chicken. I still breaded it and want to try it but how will it differ? Should I fry longer or shorter? Will it be good Shabbos day? Ty!

I made turkey schnitzel last week. Ni difference at all when breading.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey