Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Seagate beach
Previous  1  2

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 3:22 pm
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
My parents live in seagate and I rarely go to the beach.. Now youre making me feel like its a perk I should take advantage of. Heading that way now..

Maybe if you were less obnoxious, I'd ask you if you want to join me.

Hi fellow seagater!! Very Happy . I grew up in Seagate

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 3:29 pm
I don't know if this is still the case, but many years ago my MIL, who did not live in Seagate, used to have a beach pass to Seagate beach club. She paid for an annual pass, and had to show it to the guard when she got to the gate. If she paid extra for me, I was given a wristband and could go in with her as a guest. Maybe it's worthwhile to see if they still have a membership like that for non-residents.

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 4:10 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
I don't know if this is still the case, but many years ago my MIL, who did not live in Seagate, used to have a beach pass to Seagate beach club. She paid for an annual pass, and had to show it to the guard when she got to the gate. If she paid extra for me, I was given a wristband and could go in with her as a guest. Maybe it's worthwhile to see if they still have a membership like that for non-residents.

Isn’t that for the public beach? Op is talking snood the private areas that for the most part are very tzniyz. Dh has lots of family living in seagate. Whenever I use the beach there are guards out there

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:40 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Hi fellow seagater!! Very Happy . I grew up in Seagate

Hi! Smile

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:46 am
amother [ DarkYellow ] wrote:
Hi! Smile

I grew up in seagate too!
This is fun!
What streets did you guys grow up on?

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:04 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I grew up in seagate too!
This is fun!
What streets did you guys grow up on?

I wonder who you all are. My in-laws live there. And dh has plenty of relatives there too although some moved out..,

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:06 am
Hi ''
MY grandparents and 2 great aunts both live in Seagate, we're there pretty often.
I'll out myself by saying that their backyard is the official Ocean View point and "Seagate Heimish Park"
Whenever we're there for shabbos all types of random ppl show up and sit watching the waves, kids using the swingset etc it's like the kosher beachfront park of seagate.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 12:37 am
Did you enjoy growing up on sg, did you feel too far from places like food and shopping or was it accessible enough, schools etc? Wondering if this may be a good option for us, coming from a friendly block in BP want a safe friendly place for kids to play, etc. Thanks! Gut voch Smile

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 1:23 am
amother Azure wrote:
Did you enjoy growing up on sg, did you feel too far from places like food and shopping or was it accessible enough, schools etc? Wondering if this may be a good option for us, coming from a friendly block in BP want a safe friendly place for kids to play, etc. Thanks! Gut voch Smile

I grew up in seagate and loved it.
It changed alot, and became more secular. It used to be packed with young families, many of which moved out since Sandy. It's safe!
There are no stores in seagate but you can get grocery orders delivered. We borrowed from neighbors alot if we were missing ingredients and then paid it back when we got our next order or went shopping.

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 8:15 am
amother OP wrote:
If you told me everyone there pays a special fee to live in that gated are I understand. If you tell me everyone there pays extra taxes to use that beach I get that as well.. I didn't assume that and thought why would it be fair that they have the right to come to my block if they want grab the parking spots... create traffic .. and we can't use their beaches...

Anyways seeing the comments starting up on me I will leave this thread to those who like to attack and let them argue with each other as my intention was to ask a simple quetion , not start a fight.

I can’t even believe this post.
Are people like that really out there?

Puke

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 9:07 am
amother Pear wrote:
I can’t even believe this post.
Are people like that really out there?

Puke

Ha yes it also surprised me.. most people at least have the brains to pretend to be nice but apparently some don’t. 🤷‍♀️
It’s sad.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 9:09 am
Double.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries