Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
American dream mall kosher eateries
Previous  1  2

mommyisbest

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 8:11 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
I was there this summer and the hechsher by the cholov Yisroel ice cream said badatz dlakewood. I tried to research what the hechsher is and found nothing. No rabbi listed either. I’m from Lakewood and no one I know ever heard of it. So I wonder what the story is with that? Tons of frum ppl buying ice cream. We didn’t buy.

FWIW the owner of that store is a chasidishe yid.

I thought the hechsher was LKO - Lakewood Kashrus Organization. It's the hechsher on Dunkin Donuts in Lakewood. YMMV on whether it's reliable.

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 8:26 pm
I was just at the mall. Red Mango has a kosher certificate but it has bolded letters that some of the toppings are NOT kosher, such as the gummy bears. It says that one must ask the server which are kosher and not.
Personally, I think there is a huge risk of cross contamination and I wouldn't take a chance.

mommyisbest

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 8:46 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
I was just at the mall. Red Mango has a kosher certificate but it has bolded letters that some of the toppings are NOT kosher, such as the gummy bears. It says that one must ask the server which are kosher and not.
Personally, I think there is a huge risk of cross contamination and I wouldn't take a chance.

That kashrus certificate isn't worth the money it is written on. It's exactly the same as if it has no hechsher.

It's Iike eating Carvel without a hechsher. Some will some won't. But Cupk doesn't change a thing.

mommyisbest

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 9:02 pm
Here's an old thread about cupk kosher
https://disqus.com/home/discus.....dest/

mommyisbest

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 9:11 pm
From the previous thread, from commenter Milhouse:

I just revisited this thread after six years, and see there have been some replies to my comments. I can only repeat that Israel Steinberg's hechsher is absolutely not reliable under any circumstances. He makes statements on his handwritten certificates that he knows not to be true, and when confronted with the lie he is not ashamed.

As Jonathan Baker wrote, he certifies places where he doesn't set foot for months at a time, and even places where he has never set foot. I also know from an impeccable source that at a dairy restaurant under his supervision, treife steak was cooked on at least one occasion, and they had no fear that he would find out because he never shows up.

He is not a kosher witness; if he tells you something is kosher you have no more information than you did before he told you it. Food with his hechsher is just as likely to be treif as it would be with no hechsher at all.

As someone who lived in Manhattan, there are a ton of restaurants with his hechsher, and no one eats there who is frum. I saw frum people in the mall eating there today. Be careful!

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:37 pm
mommyisbest wrote:
From the previous thread, from commenter Milhouse:

I just revisited this thread after six years, and see there have been some replies to my comments. I can only repeat that Israel Steinberg's hechsher is absolutely not reliable under any circumstances. He makes statements on his handwritten certificates that he knows not to be true, and when confronted with the lie he is not ashamed.

As Jonathan Baker wrote, he certifies places where he doesn't set foot for months at a time, and even places where he has never set foot. I also know from an impeccable source that at a dairy restaurant under his supervision, treife steak was cooked on at least one occasion, and they had no fear that he would find out because he never shows up.

He is not a kosher witness; if he tells you something is kosher you have no more information than you did before he told you it. Food with his hechsher is just as likely to be treif as it would be with no hechsher at all.

As someone who lived in Manhattan, there are a ton of restaurants with his hechsher, and no one eats there who is frum. I saw frum people in the mall eating there today. Be careful!

Isn’t this lashon hara and slander of a Jewish person?

mommyisbest

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 10:46 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:

It's very letoeles.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 11:39 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:

If it saves even 1 jew from eating non kosher, it's toeles and allowed.

glowing1

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 9:41 am
Does Hagen Daaz have coffee? And does anyone have updated info re kashrus.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen