Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Has anyone here’s finances changed from asking this question

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:30 pm
I’m wondering if anyone asking the question on a thread, where someone posted larger than expected monthly income….
What do you do for a living??
Did it help change your situation.

Or is it just curiosity.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:32 pm
Yes. It gives me a chance to think about possible career changes. And I don’t think it takes away to share and possibly help people

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:35 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Yes. It gives me a chance to think about possible career changes. And I don’t think it takes away to share and possibly help people

Then I’m glad you asked. And I’m glad to share…
I alway wonder if people run to open an Amazon business, when someone responds so…

amother
Red

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:36 pm
this doesn't answer you directly, but I was in a job for many yrs contemplating leaving, feeling overworked and underpaid for the position I had. At my job and family/friends circles, I wasn't totally sure if I was in fact underpaid. It's not the kind of question you can just ask everyone. You all confirmed my suspicions. I left the job, and I now currently make close to double my previous salary in a job I truly enjoy.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 1:40 am
We actually tried to open an Amazon business because of a lot of threads on the subject. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us but we didn't invest that much money because we never did buy products in the end. But it did inspire me that there are businesses out there that could be started without an insane amount of money up front. And we did start another successful business. The idea was definitely not from the sites but I did inspire me.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 7:02 am
amother OP wrote:
I’m wondering if anyone asking the question on a thread, where someone posted larger than expected monthly income….
What do you do for a living??
Did it help change your situation.

Or is it just curiosity.

Yes.
A few years ago I switched jobs because of the support on this site.
My new job paid 3x as much as my previous one from day one.
I am working my way up and currently earn 4x.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 7:34 am
amother Mulberry wrote:
We actually tried to open an Amazon business because of a lot of threads on the subject. Unfortunately it didn't work out for us but we didn't invest that much money because we never did buy products in the end. But it did inspire me that there are businesses out there that could be started without an insane amount of money up front. And we did start another successful business. The idea was definitely not from the sites but I did inspire me.

Can you share business ideas? I'm looking to open an online business, mainly to keep me busy, then to make money. I'm not looking to do something like amazon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics