Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
A chareidi school in Israel.. does it exist with for my son?

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 12:57 pm
What do I do if I have a 13.5 year old son who is behind somewhat because he has not had proper schooling and lacking academic Hebrew skills and therefore gemara skills as well.. (long story not due to his lack of ability or behaviour issues.. nothing to do with him at all.. etc.) and he needs to go to a yeshiva ketana or mehina now, BUT a good chariedi/frum place.. not a problematic place or a zoo...

He will be fully supported with as much extra help as he needs...

Is there such a place in Israel?? We live in RBS but willing to go anywhere just to stay in Eretz Hakodesh.. my son grew up here and has lived here in his most formative years.. His Hebrew is good and academic Hebrew is being worked on intensively at the moment.. We need a school though!!!

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 1:10 pm
Are you talking for next school year?
Where was your son learning until now?

There are many small yeshiva ketanos who will give him this. In Yerushalayim you could check out Mir Haktana in Ramat Shlomo, Kol Aryeh in Givat Shaul, the Mir is made for boys like this and give an avrech to learn one on one until he catches up. Kol Aryeh don't have the support but they have a lot of patience, love and will let you bring someone in in evening seder if you want.

But they are both for really frum, black and white types.

There is a Rav Levi who has both a mechina and a yeshiva who tests boys and then helps them find the right place. I can get you his number if it will help you.

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 1:12 pm
yes, please!! If you message me I can explain.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 1:29 pm
Can someone in your community or in his current school be of any help?

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 1:32 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Can someone in your community or in his current school be of any help?

I am not trying to be rude.. but I would not be posting on an anonymous forum if I thought I could get the answers I need in my circle..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children