Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Does a carseat need an infant insert?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 9:21 am
We're looking into getting the Graco snugride for our first little one, b'shaah tova, and it seems that some of the cheaper models come without a infant insert. Is that a problem? Some of the slightly more expensive ones come with an infant insert that doesn't seem removable.

Also, does anyone know whether these two carseats are made of a good material? I saw some reviews of other snugrides that said that the material wasn't breathable and made their baby hot and uncomfortable...but I can't find anywhere where it mentions what material these are made out of!

Thanks Smile

http://www.gracobaby.com/catal.....ID=15
http://www.gracobaby.com/catal.....ID=15

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 9:37 am
Are you talking about the headrest? Most newborns don't even fit into that yet, so my m-i-l (car seat installer) advises taking a receiving blanket or two, and making your own...roll up tightly and prop on either side of the baby's head (if using one, fold it in half, and it's like an upside down U)...much more secure than the pre-made ones as you can adjust as tightly as needed. Works wonders, and much cheaper Wink

Regarding material: I have no idea. Sorry!

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 10:05 am
I didn't like the headrest that came with my Snugride in the beginning--I felt my son didn't fit into it properly. I bought a different one that was a much tighter fit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics