Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
How do I pick a camp
Previous  1  2

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:41 am
I thought that the rabbanim who truly hold the lower leg is shok and must be covered, require it to be covered by the skirt and not just by socks or tights.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:44 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
I thought that the rabbanim who truly hold the lower leg is shok and must be covered, require it to be covered by the skirt and not just by socks or tights.

I'm not sure I understand this post. I wear skirts that cover my knee, and stockings that cover my lower leg. I don't wear floor-length skirts to cover my lower leg.

I think the reason for this is, lower leg is a machlokes, so covering it with socks/tights is adequate.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:45 am
Chayalle wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this post. I wear skirts that cover my knee, and stockings that cover my lower leg. I don't wear floor-length skirts to cover my lower leg.

I think the reason for this is, lower leg is a machlokes, so covering it with socks/tights is adequate.

Right. If the lower leg was definitely shok = erva, I don't think you could just cover it with tights.

groisamomma

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:47 am
Chayalle wrote:
Hey groissamama! I didn't know you were around....welcome back! Nice to hear from you!

Here and there when I need something specific, which I got within 5 minutes of being on here!

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:47 am
Most by type girl camps have a rule that you can only wear knee socks. So even though my daughter would wear ankle socks, when she goes to camp she only wears knee socks

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:56 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
Right. If the lower leg was definitely shok = erva, I don't think you could just cover it with tights.

The Rabbanim I go by (most Lakewood Rabbanim) hold that it is a machlokes, and that covering with tights is adequate but also Halacha (not optional).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:56 am
Op here
My daughter would wear knee socks if that was a camp rule, and it's something I like her to do but it's not something we are makpid on or force in our house or community.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:59 am
When I was looking into camps I was advised that while there are nuances between the camps, a mainstream BY girls could be happy and fit in in many of the BY camps. I went according to where dd had a friend going and where she got in and less about which camp was slightly more in towny or more sporty etc.
Unfortunately you’re already late in the game, you need to apply as soon as registration opens to really have a chance to get in so if there’s a camp you’re interested in send the registration ASAP.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:07 am
Ahuva might be a good fit. Also Levavi is supposed to be out of towny but it's new so who knows...

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:59 am
Quote:
Op here
My daughter would wear knee socks if that was a camp rule, and it's something I like her to do but it's not something we are makpid on or force in our house or community.

So then she'd probably be fine in one of the more "BY type camps". All I was doing was pointing out that I'm not sure Maayan fits into that category even if some yeshivish girls go there. I don't believe knee socks are mandatory, so most families (not all, most) who are makpid on that wouldn't send to such a camp if they have other options
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps