Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Forever one moissanite stones

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 4:04 pm
Does anyone have information or experience with this particular moissanite stone as an alternative for diamond jewelry?

Im looking into it but I want to make sure there are no gimmicks and that it is truly very very similar in looks to a real diamond and that diamond dealers wouldnt tell the difference with a naked eye

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 4:34 pm
Bump

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 5:35 pm
People who are real diamond dealers can tell in five seconds that it's not a true diamond. Will the rest of the world be able to tell? Probably not.

That being said, I think getting moissanite for yourself is a great idea! If you're buying it for a daughter in law, I mean, just be honest.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 5:36 pm
Im looking for someone with first hand experience in this regard

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 8:27 pm
Bump

frummiebackhome

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:00 pm
Hi OP! I bought a moissanite solitaire ring online, expecting it would be just like a diamond and I was very disappointed because it shines in a plasticky way, and it gives out rainbows, it's very beautiful but it's different than a diamond. My friends told me when in small stones it's more similar to a diamond (less than 1ct).
I will try a lab diamond in the future.

CPenzias

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:41 pm
I have moissanite. It's not from forever 21 but I like it. It's a 2ct. My bil who studied gemology saw it the other day and was like "is that new? It's huge" I laughed and told him it's moissanite.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:28 pm
CPenzias wrote:
I have moissanite. It's not from forever 21 but I like it. It's a 2ct. My bil who studied gemology saw it the other day and was like "is that new? It's huge" I laughed and told him it's moissanite.

Not from forever 21!!
This particular moissanite im looking into is called “forever one moissanite stone”
They say it can pass the diamond tester as a diamond thats how great the quality is.

Im trying to research this from first hand buyers of this particular type of stone

CPenzias

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:50 pm
Lol sorry for the misunderstanding. As far as I know the one I have is supposed to check out as a diamond. I never tried. I buy from doveggs.com

nicole81

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 11:00 pm
The only difference between forever one and other types of moissanite is the color. Most diamonds have color, too, so this isn't something that makes it look more like a diamond, just like a perfect D color or possibly E/F.

Make no mistake, the refractive index of moissanite is much much higher. This is across all types of moissanite, including forever one, as it's a physical property of the the substance itself. So anyone knowledgeable will be able to tell the difference. Diamonds simply don't sparkle as much. If they're marketing these stones as being able to fool diamond dealers, that's just insulting lol.

But why do you need to fool people? From a foot or two away, most lay people won't assume anything. Try to resell as a diamond though? It won't happen.

Bottom line, check out some stones and see if you like them. I love moissanite and have been a connoisseur for over a decade. I don't see the point in getting either a conflict riddled diamond, something with inclusions, or a lab grown stone that cost so much more than this other type of lab grown stone just because of the name.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:25 am
Thanks all for ur responses.

Anyone else any experience?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics