Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Robot Mop/Vacuum
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:42 am
I'd like to buy a robot mop/vacuum (either combo or individually), and I'm looking for recommendations of ones that actually work and can tackle sticky, dirty floors. TIA!

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:44 am
From what I've heard, The Roborock S7 is the best, It is pretty expensive, though. I am following it to see if it's going on sale now.

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:47 am
I have this one and I have used on really gross floors and it works great but I find that it helps a lot to spritz bona floor cleaner on the bad spots and I put some cleaner in the unit too. Also using the spot cleaning feature vs just running it and walking away.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

When the floor is clean you can maintain by just running the mop every few days with little babysitting.

true me

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:53 am
mha3484 wrote:
I have this one and I have used on really gross floors and it works great but I find that it helps a lot to spritz bona floor cleaner on the bad spots and I put some cleaner in the unit too. Also using the spot cleaning feature vs just running it and walking away.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

When the floor is clean you can maintain by just running the mop every few days with little babysitting.

Is this one a vacuum as well, or mop only?

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:03 am
Mop only. I have the vaccum too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

I like having two seperate units. I can run both in different rooms at the same time.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:47 am
@mha3484 do any if these need a device to control it? Does it map out a room or just goes in circles/wanders off to the hallway etc.
Tia!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:27 am
amother Sand wrote:
From what I've heard, The Roborock S7 is the best, It is pretty expensive, though. I am following it to see if it's going on sale now.

Looks like it will be on sale starting tomorrow, directly from them for 680. Do you know people who have it? Wondering if its really worth it...

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:27 am
amother OP wrote:
Looks like it will be on sale starting tomorrow, directly from them for 680. Do you know people who have it? Wondering if its really worth it...

Three of my friends have it, they all recommend this one. One said she'll buy a second one for her summer home..

Rappel

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:32 am
amother OP wrote:

Yes. It really is.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:00 pm
Thank you! Do you know if there are ever bigger sales on it?

true me

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:38 pm
I see roborock has a few models of the S7. S7+, maxv, anyone knows which one is best buy for the money?

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:13 pm
I have this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084.....ss_tl which was the best, according to my research 2.5 years ago.

I only use the vacuum feature. The mop just goes over the floor as a heavy sponge.

It’s an AMAZING vacuum. I have an open layout and run it every night and hardly ever sweep! I close the door to the study, pick up cords/strings that would give it errors, pull the chairs away from the table so it gets to all those crumbs, and I love it!

true me

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:22 pm
I really need it more for the mop part. I wonder if the newer model is better in that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 8:54 am
Just wanted to thank you for the recommendation! I bought the S7 and it truly is amazing. I didn’t even try out the mop yet because after running the vacuum for 2 cycles (like it says to before mopping the first time) my floors are sparkling. I know there have been a lot of threads about this recently, so if anyone else is wondering it’s definitely worth trying out in my opinion

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:00 am
amother OP wrote:
Just wanted to thank you for the recommendation! I bought the S7 and it truly is amazing. I didn’t even try out the mop yet because after running the vacuum for 2 cycles (like it says to before mopping the first time) my floors are sparkling. I know there have been a lot of threads about this recently, so if anyone else is wondering it’s definitely worth trying out in my opinion

I also just bought it. Did you try to connect to the app? I couldn't connect, and I can't adjust the settings otherwise.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:04 am
amother Sand wrote:
I also just bought it. Did you try to connect to the app? I couldn't connect, and I can't adjust the settings otherwise.

Yes I did

benny

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:11 am
Yay I’m so excited to hear! I ordered it yesterday and waiting for it to come.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Dec 10 2022, 5:54 pm
I'm wondering about the mop option for the roborock s7 maxv- do you use just water? Or need to purchase their solution?

Roots

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 1:08 am
me too
I saw this product come up here on imamother a lot
do I need to buy special product for floors
does it vaccum and mop?
here in israel I found it cheapest 1500 NIS
on amazon its unavailible for some reason
I also saw a bigger more expensive version that cleans out the waste and refills by itself but the price jumps tp 4000 NIS approx. is that feature necessary? or can I use it well without that big box?

benny

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 4:16 am
I purchased it without the add on for now. I don't know ow how necessary it is for that price. They said it could be added on later.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics