Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Went out to eat last night in a really nice high end place
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:17 pm
And saw a couple with a toddler there.
Isn’t that so non respectful? What are your thoughts

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:18 pm
You write that 'you SAW them'
Meaning you didn't hear them. So they weren't being noisy or bothering you
I dont get the issue.

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:18 pm
As long as the toddler was reasonably well behaved and quiet I don't see the issue.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:20 pm
Seeing children is disrespectful? Was the child well behaved?

boysrus

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:22 pm
what would be the problem OP? was the toddler having major tantrums, or behaving just normal 2yr old behavior?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:22 pm
No. It’s not disrespectful.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:27 pm
We eat out at upscale restaurants as a family with our young children. There's no adults only rule. If our kids are acting up or disturbing others, we either take the child out to calm them down or leave.
Not everyone can find proper babysitting and they shouldn't be banned from eating out.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:32 pm
Like the previous poster says. It’s disrespectful if you have a wild misbehaving child and continue sitting there.

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:45 pm
No

But I'm curious what restaurant and was the food good? 😉

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:46 pm
amother OP wrote:

So you think you were paying for an adults only experience?

Cookin4days

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:49 pm
My thoughts are even toddlers can enjoy high end food… also maybe the sitter canceled ?

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:51 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
We eat out at upscale restaurants as a family with our young children. There's no adults only rule. If our kids are acting up or disturbing others, we either take the child out to calm them down or leave.
Not everyone can find proper babysitting and they shouldn't be banned from eating out.
This, children can be seen but not heard, lol

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:38 pm
I would never think of this as a problem…

doodlesmom

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:40 pm
No, and you’re selfish.

Go to a bar instead. No kids.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:43 pm
Lol. We were out in Entree last night when people came in with an infant and they got themselves seated and then started making a bottle and bottle feeding. I told my DH we better get out before they start burping the baby and she spits up all over us. We were right near them.

So I kind of know what you mean! When I see that baby I do wince a little. Like I'm finally away from the kids and just want a nice night out. Not a noisy family restaurant type of thing. And then I'm like Oh no, do I have to deal with someone else's meltdown. Whatevs. I really do understand them though. Sometimes ppl need to get out and can't get childcare. It is what it is.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:45 pm
Yes if it was in an 18+ bar or club.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:45 pm
Not a problem at all unless baby was screaming his lungs out. Hope you enjoyed. Parent's are allowed also to go out and have fun.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:48 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
Lol. We were out in Entree last night when people came in with an infant and they got themselves seated and then started making a bottle and bottle feeding. I told my DH we better get out before they start burping the baby and she spits up all over us. We were right near them.

So I kind of know what you mean! When I see that baby I do wince a little. Like I'm finally away from the kids and just want a nice night out. Not a noisy family restaurant type of thing. And then I'm like Oh no, do I have to deal with someone else's meltdown. Whatevs. I really do understand them though. Sometimes ppl need to get out and can't get childcare. It is what it is.

Oy, please tell me you're not for real! What a horrible attitude you have. So intolerant and immature. Oy.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:49 pm
amother OP wrote:

Nobody like to hire a babysitter and go out with their husband for a nice, enjoyable evening just to find someone else's screaming, wild toddler seated near by.

That said, many toddlers are well behaved. (Mine were most of the time and on the rarest of occasions when they were being inappropriate for the environment, I took them outside until they were ready to return). Just the mere presence of a toddler should not in any way offend you or put you off.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:51 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:

I can’t even tell if you’re being serious or not….I hope not.
In case you ARE serious, good for that couple for making time together, even when there’s an infant! That’s really really hard to do!
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries