Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Mehadrin seafood restaurant
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:16 pm
I'd really like to go to a restaurant with fresh quality seafood. I need something with either eida, rubin, sheeris, aguda or machpud. Can anyone recommend?

DrMom

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 12:58 pm
I don't have a recommendation, but usually "seafood" is used to denote all sorts of treif shellfish and things, while a "fish restaurant" is just fish.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you ask around.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:34 pm
DrMom wrote:
I don't have a recommendation, but usually "seafood" is used to denote all sorts of treif shellfish and things, while a "fish restaurant" is just fish.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you ask around.
m

good point, that's very disappointing, I want to try different interesting seafood, I think I'd enjoy it very much. So literally, there's just different kinds of fish? Maybe imitations? Sad

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:36 pm
The imitations all taste the same just have a different texture and appearance.

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
m

good point, that's very disappointing, I want to try different interesting seafood, I think I'd enjoy it very much. So literally, there's just different kinds of fish? Maybe imitations? Sad

There's no such thing as kosher interesting seafood.
What are you referring to?
Seafood is shellfish, shrimp, lobster, clams, etc.
Kosher fish restaurants only serve fish.
The crab in a sushi roll is pollock fish with crab seasoning.

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:39 pm
There's a fish restaurant called אהבת הים in Yerushalayim.
It's kosher mehadrin
https://www.rol.co.il/restaurant/ahavat-hayam

DrMom

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
m

I genuinely don't understand what you were expecting. (Confused)

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
m

There's happy fish by mamila. I think it's rabbanut mehadrin Yerushalayim. It might have another hashgacha.

Some Asian and sushi places have really good fresh fish.

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:41 pm
Happy fish in the Mamilla Hotel is mehadrin kosher
https://www.mamillahotel.com/h.....fish/
Their menu is here. You can see what they serve.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:43 pm
Ahavat Hayam and Happy Fish are both mehadrin, both excellent, both expensive. The ambiance is much nicer at Happy Fish, in my opinion.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'd really like to go to a restaurant with fresh quality seafood. I need something with either eida, rubin, sheeris, aguda or machpud. Can anyone recommend?

Mehadrin Seafood? Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:50 pm
Gee, you women just love to harp on about my ignorance. Sorry for my poor choice of words, yes I dream of kosher seafood, and would love at the very least to taste imitation, but yes I guess what I'm looking for is quality, interesting FISH dishes.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Gee, you women just love to harp about my ignorance. Sorry for my poor choice of words, yes I dream of kosher seafood, and would love at the very least to taste imitation, but yes I guess what I'm looking for is quality, interesting FISH dishes.

It just seems very odd that someone who wants a mehadrin hechsher would not know that seafood is 100% treif.

Rappel

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:56 pm
Following. I'm curious now too. Sometimes MasterChef episodes just look so cool! I haven't found a good fresh fish restaurant in Israel yet. But there's a great fish butcher in Shaar Binyamin for fresh whole fish or fillets.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:57 pm
Is it odd? Or doesn't it fit the stereotype that an insular, non wordly haredi woman doesn't know that seafood refers specifically to the non kosher varieties of creatures in the sea. I meant food from the sea, and yes shockingly, sadly, I am learning just now that there is no other sea creature besides fish that's actually kosher. I didn't know that. What an ignorant. I really do live under a rock.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it odd? Or doesn't it fit the stereotype that an insular, non wordly haredi woman doesn't know that seafood refers specifically to the non kosher varieties of creatures in the sea. I meant food from the sea, and yes shockingly, sadly, I am learning just now that there is no other sea creature besides fish that's actually kosher. I didn't know that. What an ignorant.

Someone chareidi would probably not use the spelling "haredi" to describe theirself.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:00 pm
amother Latte wrote:
Someone chareidi would probably not use the spelling "haredi" to describe themself.

Hm, you got me. I'm a troll.

Now seriously if anyone has anything helpful to add, I'd love to learn of a good fish restaurant.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:02 pm
Rappel wrote:
Following. I'm curious now too. Sometimes MasterChef episodes just look so cool! I haven't found a good fresh fish restaurant in Israel yet. But there's a great fish butcher in Shaar Binyamin for fresh whole fish or fillets.

I guess you wanted to refer to fish monger Smile

essie14

We gave you several suggestions. Why are you ignoring them?

amother
Brickred

Slightly off topic.. anywhere to get glatt mehadrin pork chops in EY?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions