Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Went out to eat last night in a really nice high end place
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:56 pm
It’s the same idea as taking kids into business class on a plane, which we’ve done at times.
Some might not like it but if there are no specific rules against it then you can’t really complain.
Most places I know have many families coming at earlier hours like 6-7.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:11 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I can’t even tell if you’re being serious or not….I hope not.
In case you ARE serious, good for that couple for making time together, even when there’s an infant! That’s really really hard to do!

I think it was half in jest, to be honest. Have you ever been there? The backs of our chairs were touching. Its that close. So yah, maybe I was half kidding, but if they put that baby over their shoulder to pat its back, guess where the spit up's going? All over the person who's right there.

So I do understand if the OP had a sinking sensation when she was hoping for a quiet evening and in fact, I hope it was. Yes, many children are beautifully behaved. You can still think oh no when you see
a child! Its normal for kids to act out at night after a long day. And they can still come out to eat! I'm not here waving a gun and saying I'm the restaurant police. Sheesh.

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:16 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
I think it was half in jest, to be honest. Have you ever been there? The backs of our chairs were touching. Its that close. So yah, maybe I was half kidding, but if they put that baby over their shoulder to pat its back, guess where the spit up's going? All over the person who's right there.

So I do understand if the OP had a sinking sensation when she was hoping for a quiet evening and in fact, I hope it was. Yes, many children are beautifully behaved. You can still think oh no when you see
a child! Its normal for kids to act out at night after a long day. And they can still come out to eat! I'm not here waving a gun and saying I'm the restaurant police. Sheesh.

If the chairs are that close, I’d be annoyed regardless of children present. A better thread title would be “went to an expensive restaurant and was practically sitting on my neighbor’s lap.” Would likely get more sympathy.

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:18 pm
I don't like how close together seats are at high end places (imo it makes the experience less high end) but that's absolutely not Lakewood-specific.

I intend to go out to eat with dh and my baby tomorrow. And honestly? If someone doesn't like it it's just too bad on them.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:19 pm
I agree with you OP. It’s very inappropriate.
I hire a babysitter and pay between $250-$509 for our meal. Babies and small children do not belong in high end restaurants.

motherqueen

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:21 pm
sorry maybe I am the odd one out.
I am a working mom that loves her little princess and even takes her with her to work daily (I'm so grateful my boss lets me)! yes when I go out with my husband I take my princess along with me could be its just because she is my oldest and she bh bli ayin hara is a very good baby hardly cries besides for when she is hungry. I never had a situation I only remember ounce when she was crying she was overtired and didn't want to go to sleep did I pick her up and hold her the whole time.
sorry if I made your outing uncomfortable I just didn't see a sign on the door that said no kids allowed so I assumed it was ok. plus this is the only way for me and dh to be able to spend time together

for reference my baby is 6.5months old.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:25 pm
I’m sorry why do you care? Wouldn’t bother me for a second! What’s if they wanted to go out celebrate something and couldn’t find a sitter? Or didn’t have the money to pay for one? Since when are nice restaurants adults only? Please get over yourself
Did it ruin ur experience in any way?

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:27 pm
I have taken babies with me to high end places. I normally don't take a toddler but a baby in a stroller I see nothing wrong with. I even went to a high end place with my baby and they brought me a personalized pacifier with the restaurants name on it and a bib for her. It was nice to know that even though they are high-end they were baby friendly.

I also hate when the chairs are so close together and I try to put the places that are not as close together if it won't allowed to possible

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:28 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
If the chairs are that close, I’d be annoyed regardless of children present. A better thread title would be “went to an expensive restaurant and was practically sitting on my neighbor’s lap.” Would likely get more sympathy.

I agree. When I go out to eat with DH, we need privacy and space as a couple. I don't want to be overheard by the couple right next to me. I look for places with better seating.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:28 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I agree with you OP. It’s very inappropriate.
I hire a babysitter and pay between $250-$509 for our meal. Babies and small children do not belong in high end restaurants.

Says who? As long as they're not disturbing anyone, who cares? Focus on your food and your husband and that's it.

watergirl

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:32 pm
Something like this has happened to us a few times, but with more discomfort than OP provided. Every now and then (infrequent) my aunt gifts my husband and I to a date night in very upscale places. These are pretty exciting for us, as they are rare. Twice, there were families in the restaurant with not only a baby, one or more kids, all sitting with tablets and volume was audible. Like, audible enough that it REALLY made a dent in the evening for us. Turns out in both cases, these families were either close friends with the owner or manager - I know this because yes, I did complain to the manager to ask them to tell the family to turn off the volume or use earphones and that's when I learned these were protected guests in some way. Very frustrating.

motherqueen

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:32 pm
amother Gray wrote:
I have taken babies with me to high end places. I normally don't take a toddler but a baby in a stroller I see nothing wrong with. I even went to a high end place with my baby and they brought me a personalized pacifier with the restaurants name on it and a bib for her. It was nice to know that even though they are high-end they were baby friendly.

I also hate when the chairs are so close together and I try to put the places that are not as close together if it won't allowed to possible

I had the same experience at the ridge in monsey
and in peppercrust the waitresses were gushing over her and wanted to take her to the back to play with I kindly declined I like my babies near me.

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:34 pm
watergirl wrote:
Something like this has happened to us a few times, but with more discomfort than OP provided. Every now and then (infrequent) my aunt gifts my husband and I to a date night in very upscale places. These are pretty exciting for us, as they are rare. Twice, there were families in the restaurant with not only a baby, one or more kids, all sitting with tablets and volume was audible. Like, audible enough that it REALLY made a dent in the evening for us. Turns out in both cases, these families were either close friends with the owner or manager - I know this because yes, I did complain to the manager to ask them to tell the family to turn off the volume or use earphones and that's when I learned these were protected guests in some way. Very frustrating.

This is not ok.

I have gone with young children to nice restaurants. If a baby is too noisy, someone will step outside to calm him. Otherwise, I don't see the problem with them being there.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:36 pm
watergirl wrote:

I experience this plenty with ADULT guests. They are being very loud and noisy. I find that when people bring young children, they take care that the children should be quiet and well behaved. But when groups of adults go out together, they're very often noisy and so loud. I don't think I'd ever been to a restaurant where it was quiet in there. If there's a group, it's noisy.
People are more tolerant towards noisy adults than towards quiet children......

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
And saw a couple with a toddler there.
Isn’t that so non respectful? What are your thoughts

Disrespectful that a couple decided to eat where you did and they have a child they didn’t want to leave for whatever reason? Did I get that right?
No, they did nothing wrong unless the toddler stuck his pinky into your food or yelled directly into your ear. I don’t see how another couple’s toddler affects you. If you want to pick and choose who gets to eat there when you do or decide from what age is allowed in you can rent the entire restaurant for the night.

motherqueen

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:37 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
I experience this plenty with ADULT guests. They sre being very loud and noisy. I find that when people bring young children, they take care that the children should be quiet and well behaved. But when groups of adults go out together, they're very often noisy and so loud.

totally agree!!!

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:44 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:

I’ve never even heard of it…..

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:48 pm
watergirl wrote:

This is totally inappropriate but for a totally different reason than what OP is upset about.

Quite frankly, in public nobody should be hearing anything coming from your phone aside from the ringtone. Nothing to do with high end restaurants. In a public bathroom I’d expect the same courtesy.

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:04 pm
My kid has extreme allergies. Only high end restaurants that make food to order can accommodate her, so If we have to go out, it's somewhere fancy. My apologies

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:07 pm
In the secular world there are restaurants with a no kid rule. I’m surprised that doesn’t exist in the frum world. As for me I never go out to eat, literally ever so I don’t have feelings either way.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries