Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Flying with Joolz Aer

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:32 pm
I'm looking into this stroller due to the Black Friday sale.

I was looking at the folded dimensions and it's 21"x17.7"8.5 . So that fits within ElAl's hand luggage requirements as posted online but not most major airlines (such as Delta, American Airlines, United). Has anyone used this stroller when flying and could chime in? I guess I could gate check a stroller but that kind of defeats the purpose of a compact fold stroller.

Thanks!

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:57 pm
I flew to Israel with my Joolz Aer on ELAL. Everyone had to give in their stroller at the gate, even the yo-yos. I think one person took their stroller on board- a GB pockit. I think it was instead of a hand luggage though. Elal usually makes us hand in the stroller but we get it back right after coming off from the plane. And the advantage of the joolz aer is that you can fold it with one hand right by the gate and it’s lightweight, smooth and compact which is great when traveling.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:18 pm
I don’t see the difference between handing it in at gate and overhead bin.
If it’s a car seat stroller it has the advantage of that. Otherwise just hand it in.

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:52 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
If it’s a car seat stroller it has the advantage of that. Otherwise just hand it in.

The difference is not having to wait when you land and not having the possibility of Stroller breaking or getting lost in transit.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 5:44 pm
I am almost sure we bur it in overhead bin of frontier. it has a cool carry strap so easy to take on board discretely.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 5:58 pm
amother Camellia wrote:

The difference is that you can push it down the aisles!! I flew to Israel with my joolz aer and I blessed it every step of the way. It is an amazing amazing carriage! And being able to put your baby in the carriage when boarding and leaving the aircraft when you have your other luggage and other kids to handle is the best thing ever

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:27 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
I flew to Israel with my Joolz Aer on ELAL. Everyone had to give in their stroller at the gate, even the yo-yos. I think one person took their stroller on board- a GB pockit. I think it was instead of a hand luggage though. Elal usually makes us hand in the stroller but we get it back right after coming off from the plane. And the advantage of the joolz aer is that you can fold it with one hand right by the gate and it’s lightweight, smooth and compact which is great when traveling.

Interesting that Elal made everyone give in their strollers..

The weight of the joolz aer and the easy fold are really drawing me. I guess I have to decide if the ability to stow on the plane itself is a make or break factor.

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:27 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
I am almost sure we bur it in overhead bin of frontier. it has a cool carry strap so easy to take on board discretely.

Thanks!

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:29 pm
scruffy wrote:

The weight of the joolz aer and the easy fold are really drawing me. I guess I have to decide if the ability to stow on the plane itself is a make or break factor.

How often do you fly?

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:29 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
The difference is that you can push it down the aisles!! I flew to Israel with my joolz aer and I blessed it every step of the way. It is an amazing amazing carriage! And being able to put your baby in the carriage when boarding and leaving the aircraft when you have your other luggage and other kids to handle is the best thing ever

It's amazing that you can push it down the aisle.

Which airline did you fly with?

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:30 pm
amother Snow wrote:
How often do you fly?

Not very frequently in general, but I have a number of flights within the next few months.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:32 pm
scruffy wrote:
It's amazing that you can push it down the aisle.

Which airline did you fly with?

We flew Turkish, but every airline has to let you, if it’s made for flying like the yo-yo, the aer, and the bugaboo butterfly, it fits down the aisles

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:35 pm
amother Pansy wrote:
We flew Turkish, but every airline has to let you, if it’s made for flying like the yo-yo, the aer, and the bugaboo butterfly, it fits down the aisles

I have a mountain buggy nano and definitely does not fit down most airline aisles but still worth every penny.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:37 pm
amother Snow wrote:
I have a mountain buggy nano and definitely does not fit down most airline aisles but still worth every penny.

I don’t know about the nano, but the 3 I mentioned do fit, Abbas were specifically made that way

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:06 pm
I have flown a few times with the Aer.
It wheels down the aisle (even in the narrow jet blue 3-3 plane) and folds into a small size that fits perfectly into the overhead locker.

Some airlines make a fuss but 99% know that it’s a “yo yo” like stroller and can go overhead

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:19 pm
scruffy wrote:

If there a lot of families on the flight there may not have been room for all those strollers. You have to realize that even though they fit, the strollers are a piece of baggage in addition to a carryon and personal item. Overheard bin space is limited. So there’s not always room.

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:10 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
I have flown a few times with the Aer.
It wheels down the aisle (even in the narrow jet blue 3-3 plane) and folds into a small size that fits perfectly into the overhead locker.

Some airlines make a fuss but 99% know that it’s a “yo yo” like stroller and can go overhead

Thank you! Very helpful.

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:11 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
If there a lot of families on the flight there may not have been room for all those strollers. You have to realize that even though they fit, the strollers are a piece of baggage in addition to a carryon and personal item. Overheard bin space is limited. So there’s not always room.

That makes sense, thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics