Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bnos Haddasah vs tiferes chaya

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 4:00 pm
Hi,
Can someone compare the 2. Regarding "chassidishness" of the crowd, how functioning the schools are, warm school, academic level and anything else you have to add about either.
Thanks!

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 4:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi,
Can someone compare the 2. Regarding "chassidishness" of the crowd, how functioning the schools are, warm school, academic level and anything else you have to add about either.
Thanks!

Yes same here, I’m also wanting to hear please, how well is it run ?! I’m hearing some love Tiferes Chaya n some can say it’s not very well run is that so

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:15 pm
Bump

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:34 pm
Anyone has any insight on just 1 of them at least? Really struggling to figure out what these schools are all about...

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone has any insight on just 1 of them at least? Really struggling to figure out what these schools are all about...

Are you moving? What kind of school are you looking for?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:53 pm
I have a girl going to kindergarten next year. She is my oldest so we haven't yet put ourselves into any specific type... I am looking for a chassidish school, warm, would love nice academic level and nice parent body

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 4:06 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Are you moving? What kind of school are you looking for?

why is it relevent if she is moving? When she want's info about the school

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 4:21 pm
I have granddaughters in Bnos Haddasah. It is more heimish than chassidish. Also, lately, more yeshivish people are sending. At least that is my impression.

I have friends with daughters/granddaughters in Tiferes Chaya. Seems more chassidish.

My DIL did a lot of research before deciding which one to choose. She heard great things about TC-especially that they are warm and caring. Academics are decent.

She decided in the end to send to BH because she felt like that parent body is more her type-more simple.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 4:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a girl going to kindergarten next year. She is my oldest so we haven't yet put ourselves into any specific type... I am looking for a chassidish school, warm, would love nice academic level and nice parent body

Have you heard of Bais Hachinuch, it’s also a nice warm chassidish school
TC very nice good school as well

guest2

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 5:08 pm
Maybe check first to see who still has place.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 5:27 pm
Tiferes chaya is more chassidish and bnos hadassah is more of a yeshivish heimish crowd. But as far as I Heard they are both full for next year kindergarten.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:15 pm
They have very similar crowds with a lot of overlap. TC is slightly more hungarian/fancy while BH is slightly more yeshivish/heimish, but many if not most of their families can fit in either one and prob apply to both and send where they can get in. They are both considered "brand name" schools and very hard to get in. The ones who don't end up sending to bais hachinuch or bais brocho. Bais rochel is another option.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:58 pm
Is Bais Rochel easier to get into/less of a brand name? Is it the same crowd?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:02 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
They have very similar crowds with a lot of overlap. TC is slightly more hungarian/fancy while BH is slightly more yeshivish/heimish, but many if not most of their families can fit in either one and prob apply to both and send where they can get in. They are both considered "brand name" schools and very hard to get in. The ones who don't end up sending to bais hachinuch or bais brocho. Bais rochel is another option.

Bais Hachinuch has no yeshivish , I beleive you meant Bnos Hadassa. You know Bais Bracha? What’s their oldest grade?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:33 pm
Bais hachinuch is probably the easiest to get into, but they are also filling up fast these days. They have up to 4th or 5th grade, bais bracha has up to 1st or second but only has one class per grade and very few slots. Bais bracha is more to the simple, yeshivish side and bais hachinuch more chassidish. The other posts about tc and bh are accurate.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 1:54 pm
Thanks all! This was helpful

Rene:)

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 8:54 pm
They are both great schools. Tiferes Chaya more chasiddish and BH more heimish/ chasiddish - not only chasiddish. Both have very nice student/ parent body and are selective I think.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 9:03 pm
From what I understand you doing research is pointless. It will depend on where you are accepted! Hatzlacha rabba. I know the Lakewood boys schools already sent out their acceptance letters for next year. Does anybody know about the girls?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries