Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mesivta of Carteret

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:33 pm
This mesivta was reccomended for my son...does anyone send there or know info about it?
Level of learning, types of boys that go there, what do the boys do during free time, how are the rebbeim? Etc

TIA

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:50 pm
Bump

Anyone?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 9:04 am
Anyone?

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 1:05 pm
I looked into a few years ago for my son. I was impressed. My son wanted a more out-of-towny-place, so he decided not to go there. Please keep in mind that what I'm saying was accurate as of a few years ago, I don't know if it changed at all/some/a lot over the past 3/4 years.

The boys are solid kids. Not boys that are also applying to Peekskill and Philly, but not boys that need a prize every time they make it to shacharis on time. Most boys from Passaic, Monsey, and FarRockway. The yeshiva was started probably about 15-20 years ago as an "offshoot" of Ner Yisrael by 2 Ner Yisrael talmidim, rabbi Brown and Rabbi Mayer. The mesivta was only started in 2017 or 2018 (by then the BM seemed to have kind of died out....I think it's been revived since then).

I was particularly impressed by the relationship between boys and the Rebbeim. The Rebbeim seemed particularly caring and it seemed that they had a good "shprach" with teenage boys. The Rosh Mesivta is R' Avraham Yeshaya Roth, and he also seemed really approachable and warm.

I don't know if I can answer any other questions... you can try me, though!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 1:43 pm
I have a son that went there many years ago. It was a great yeshiva. He really liked it there and learned very well too. There was a great crowd of boys. He kept up a relationship with some of the rebbeim for a while. We have since made aliyah and he has lost touch since the move.

Our son and us were very happy with Carteret as his choice for yeshiva.

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 2:08 pm
My brother is in there now and it's a pretty solid yeshiva. The learning level I believe is about average. The rebbeim are extremely kind.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 6:40 pm
Thank you so much for all your replies.
What would you say the boys do during breaks?
Is there a dorm for 9th grade?
Is the dorm supervision good?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 11:27 am
Bumping this up. How’s the learning level? What type of boys and is there a lot of pressure pressure?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2022, 5:28 pm
Anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics