Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
LCSW earning potential, Lakewood area

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 1:45 pm
Are there any LCSWs on here (Lakewood) that can tell me what one can realistically expect to earn as a Social Worker? And how long it took to get to where you are.

I hear so many conflicting answers about whether you can earn anything decent. I know its not a field you go into for the money, but I can't go into a field without knowing what I am getting into either.

Please don't post here about how much you pay your therapist so they must be making a ton. You have no idea what their monthly or yearly take home pay is so its not relevant to my question.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 2:41 pm
following! OP I think what the lcsw does will change the $$ earned. Are you asking about private/group practice? or clinic? or something else?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:15 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
following! OP I think what the lcsw does will change the $$ earned. Are you asking about private/group practice? or clinic? or something else?

Talking of clinical work. Would be interested in hearing both, private practice and clinic. And how long/hard it takes to get from clinic work to private practice work as well.

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:24 pm
I imagine there is a huge range.
It will depend on the setting, if you accept insurance, how in demand, how many hours you work a week……

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:34 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
I imagine there is a huge range.
It will depend on the setting, if you accept insurance, how in demand, how many hours you work a week……

I know. That's why I want to hear from real people who are doing it.

keeptrying

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 5:34 pm
I am interested also. But I am curious how much lsw makes before getting the c

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:43 pm
bella613 wrote:
I am interested also. But I am curious how much lsw makes before getting the c

That I can answer. Depends where but generally about $25-40/clinical hour (not including documentation and cancellations).

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:27 pm
LCSW in Lakewood here. Worked for about 10 years in clinics and schools before I fully built up my part time private practice. I make about $2,500 a week when it’s a full work week, pretaxes, consultation and other fees. Of course, it is less during Yom Tov, vacation, summer time and when there are cancellations.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:32 pm
Iris, how many clients do you see on average? how many hours a week is 'built up'?

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:37 pm
About 15

keeptrying

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:31 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
That I can answer. Depends where but generally about $25-40/clinical hour (not including documentation and cancellations).

Thanks! Does an lsw it hat works in a health care setting, such as a hospital or nursing home make that much?

keeptrying

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:33 pm
I am a msw but still needa get liscened

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:37 pm
bella613 wrote:
I am a msw but still needa get liscened

You don't need a license to work in a nursing home. Just an MSW.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:05 pm
amother Iris wrote:
LCSW in Lakewood here. Worked for about 10 years in clinics and schools before I fully built up my part time private practice. I make about $2,500 a week when it’s a full work week, pretaxes, consultation and other fees. Of course, it is less during Yom Tov, vacation, summer time and when there are cancellations.

Thank you!
Can I ask what you did before you earned your "c"? And what you earned then?
And once you did earn your "C" did the pay go up for the same work, or is the only way to earn more to go private?

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:33 pm
I earned my C as soon as I was able to, about two years in. Before that, schools and clinics were okay with just a license. I received $45 an hour before my C and $65 after my C.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:09 pm
amother Iris wrote:
I earned my C as soon as I was able to, about two years in. Before that, schools and clinics were okay with just a license. I received $45 an hour before my C and $65 after my C.

Is that a full hour? Or session?

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:52 pm
My husband is a therapist he said you work about 44 weeks a year. In order to answer you need to decide how many hours a week you want to work. Then there is the question of private practice vs clinic. You can expect about 2 cancellations a week. per 10 clients. The rate in a clinic vary from 45 -65 $ per a session. Some clinics will salary you. This is the formula.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 10:36 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
My husband is a therapist he said you work about 44 weeks a year. In order to answer you need to decide how many hours a week you want to work. Then there is the question of private practice vs clinic. You can expect about 2 cancellations a week. per 10 clients. The rate in a clinic vary from 45 -65 $ per a session. Some clinics will salary you. This is the formula.

Thank you for this.

Anyone else in the field who can share? Interested in both eventual pay and the pay until you got there.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Apr 24 2023, 5:26 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics