Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me plan a florida vacation

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 5:32 am
Hi I've never been to florida and would like to take my kids this winter vacation. Can you fill me in on where best places to stay are that are close to kosher food and attractions? And what's better a resort or private house?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi I've never been to florida and would like to take my kids this winter vacation. Can you fill me in on where best places to stay are that are close to kosher food and attractions? And what's better a resort or private house?

Rent a villa in NMB there are dozens of kosher restaurants nearby. The place will be packed mid winter vacation time so call early to make reservations at the restaurants
https://floridakoshervillas.com/florida/ or Air BNB

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:36 am
Nobody goes there anymore- it’s too crowded.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:57 am
With kids, it's easiest to rent a villa. (If you can still find something now.) It's extremely crowded during winter vacation, all restaurants require reservations (with some restaurants, you need to book weeks in advance) there can be an hour+ wait for a table even with reservations.

To life

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:42 am
Wow!! Sounds crazy. We are the last minute type.
So basically we must make reservations.
What about if I want to order food to the villa?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:45 am
To life wrote:

It's not guaranteed during busy season and it can take a while to get to you. When we have a villa, I like to cook. It's easier for me. We grill for dinner.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:46 am
amother Eggshell wrote:

Your contradicting yourself. If nobody goes, it wouldn't be crowded.... it's crowded for a reason.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:48 am
amother Eggshell wrote:

If it’s too crowded, that means tons of people ARE going. Plenty of people go. We go because we need a break and we need to get away from the cold.
OP, there are lots of options for you to look into. Miami (NMB or Miami Beach) both have lots of food options, grocery options, and things to do. Hollywood and Boca are also great, in terms of grocery shopping, food, and things to do. Orlando doesn’t have as many grocery options, and I don’t know if there are any food options other than food trucks. There’s lots to do there too though. If you want, I have a friend who does this for a living, I can give you her contact info. I don’t want to post it here, so you can message me if you want.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 6:09 pm
To life wrote:

Order through Uber Eats from the kosher stores in the area and they will deliver

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:05 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Your contradicting yourself. If nobody goes, it wouldn't be crowded.... it's crowded for a reason.

Sheesh! Some of you have got to get out a bit more. It’s a famous quote from Yogi Berra about a restaurant:

“Nobody goes there nowadays. It’s too crowded.”

I can’t believe nobody here is familiar with “Berra-isms”. Some of his more famous ones are:

“When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”

“Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.”

“It gets late early out here.“

“If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.“

“The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.“

And of course,
“ I never said most of the things I said.”

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:13 pm

Someone never heard of Yogi Berra.

His most famous one: “It ain’t over until it’s over”

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:30 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Someone never heard of Yogi Berra.

His most famous one: “It ain’t over until it’s over”

No, I never heard about him. And thanks to you and amother Eggshell for making me feel stupid about it.....

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:29 pm
No, I never heard about him. And thanks to you and amother Eggshell for making me feel stupid about it.....

Sorry, just kidding around. Was a famous Yankees baseball player

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:36 pm

Good for you. Nothing wrong with growing up sheltered. Just couldn't resist pointing it out.

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:43 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Good for you. Nothing wrong with growing up sheltered. Just couldn't resist pointing it out.

It may not be due to being sheltered, it probably is a generational thing, just saying. I don't think the average young American adult has more than vaguely heard of him or some of those sayings. I grew up hearing them and they were already kind of old even then.

Re: op's question: it's going to be insanely crowded that week. Traffic, beaches, restaurants, shops. Just be prepared for long waits everywhere, even with ordering through Uber Eats or Door Dash and so on. And don't expect to get a table in a restaurant without early reservations and even those will be hard to come by.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:44 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:

What does it have to do with growing up sheltered?? (Which I didn't.) Why are you so surprised that I haven't heard of that person?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:45 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Sorry, just kidding around. Was a famous Yankees baseball player

Oh, I'm not in to sports at all.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:53 pm
Which week is midwinter this year?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics