Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Churros

Rappel

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 1:30 am
I found a few good recipes online, and they look simple. Any tips from the experts before I start this project?

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 12:05 pm
Did you make them? Were you successful? My kids are requesting for tonight. Any advice? A recipe that worked well?
Thanks!

(Amother because asking irl & have some relatives/friends who know I’m on here-some of whom are trying to figure out my user name)

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 12:19 pm
I used the between carpools recipe and they were ah-maze-ing and not so hard to make. We used a pastry gun

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 12:30 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
I used the between carpools recipe and they were ah-maze-ing and not so hard to make. We used a pastry gun

Thanks! Looks like a great recipe. I see some comments say it was salty, di you find that to be the case?

Also, did you prep in advance?

Roseflower

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 12:41 pm
I've seen a recipe on beweencarpools.com that looks pretty simple.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 1:28 pm
amother Sage wrote:
Thanks! Looks like a great recipe. I see some comments say it was salty, di you find that to be the case?

Also, did you prep in advance?

I made the between carpools recipe. It was so delicious. I used less salt and no kosher salt. It was perfect. I made the batter a day in advance and kept it in the refrigerator overnight.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 2:03 pm
Regarding the betweencarpools.com recipe and salt: Diamond kosher salt is about half as salty as table salt. The betweencarpools recipe calls for kosher salt (but does not specify whether Diamond or Morton's) so if you are using table salt, you need to reduce the amount.

Salt conversion table: https://www.masterclass.com/ar.....K1Iir
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics