Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Naki radio turns on by itself in night! I'm spooked

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:32 pm
Just had 3 nights in a row when I was woken out of a sound deep sleep by our naki radio playing really loudly wedding music on a station we've never listened to. I figured it was a wifi issue or something so last night before I went to sleep I turned it on to mute... And the same thing happened again! I lay in my bed listening to this blaring music, too scared to move, sure someone was in my house and playing mind games with me.
I'm recently divorced and have 3 little kids who slept through the noise BH. I'm still shaken. What could be causing that???

Btw I didn't know which category to put this under and I keep it in the kitchen so...

Shabbosiscoming

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:39 pm
Sounds like someone accidentally set an alarm. One of my kids did that once while playing around with some buttons. You can shut off the alarm. (Or just unplug it and let the battery die until you get around to it).

GrowingUp

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:39 pm
Creepy.

I’d unplug it and remove the batteries at night. I wouldn’t take the chance or possibly being woken from it again.

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:40 pm
Probably has an alarm set

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:41 pm
Someone probably set an alarm by mistake.

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 11:48 pm
Sounds like a set alarm.

Nothing creepy or mysterious or an intruder or anything. Sounds like your situation (being divorced, being alone with the kids etc.) is very stressful.

Wishing you all the best and sweetest things in life, as much as a stranger on Ima can bless you with. Take care of yourself! And if you can’t figure out the midnight music alarm, unplug/remove the batteries of that sleep disturber of yours!

cbsp

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 2:06 pm
Yeah, definitely an alarm set. One of our kids set the Naki alarm for Friday night during the seudah. That was fun! (it beeped for us but I think that was the option they chose)

Do you know how to turn off Naki alarms?

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 2:09 pm
Slightly off topic
How do you set the naki radio to play music as the alarm? I can only figure out how to set it to make it beep but I think my kids will appreciate music more

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 2:13 pm
If your kids use it then they probably pressed buttons and without realizing programed an alarm. I’m not good with these things or I would tell you how to turn off the alarm… maybe someone else can help?
I don’t think anyone can remotely turn on your naki and obviously there’s no one coming in your house at night or you would have caught him by now! Intruders are usually as quiet as possible and wouldn’t blast music so you don’t have to worry about that.
For now, unplug and remove the batteries. You don’t want the alarm on shabbos..

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 2:13 pm
amother IndianRed wrote:
Slightly off topic
How do you set the naki radio to play music as the alarm? I can only figure out how to set it to make it beep but I think my kids will appreciate music more

Ask op’s kids 😛
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen