Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Went out to eat last night in a really nice high end place
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 1:48 am
This thread is so ridiculous that it’s funny!
Picturing a high heeled woman dressed to the nines opening that restaurant door and noticing a TODDLER (the horror!!!!), and flipping out as if it’s a rat!
I really can’t understand this attitude! The selfishness and snobbiness is astounding!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:20 am
I am with OP.
I believe most parents taking their children out to high end restaurants overestimate how amazingly well-behaved their children actually are.
They may be good children, but they often talk loudly, whine here and there, move their chairs back and forth, sometimes run around the restaurant (the parents may think it wasn't so much, or they were just running to the bathroom or to wash their hands or..) and it interferes with my quiet conversation with my dinner partners.
It is NOT the same experience having the kids there as not.
I would never complain if it is allowed unless they are directly doing something to me, but it may lessen my enjoyment of the evening.

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 8:12 am
amother Khaki wrote:
I am with OP.
I believe most parents taking their children out to high end restaurants overestimate how amazingly well-behaved their children actually are.
They may be good children, but they often talk loudly, whine here and there, move their chairs back and forth, sometimes run around the restaurant (the parents may think it wasn't so much, or they were just running to the bathroom or to wash their hands or..) and it interferes with my quiet conversation with my dinner partners.
I would never complain if it is allowed unless they are directly doing something to me, but it may lessen my enjoyment of the evening.

If my kids start whining or running around, we leave. On the other hand, adults can be way louder and more disruptive than kids, especially groups of adults. They talk and laugh really loudly. I don't remember the last time I've been to a restaurant and it's been a quiet experience. It's the adults that make the noise, not the children.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 4:52 pm
I didn't real all replies, but I'm surprised to see the lack of understanding to OPs question.
I'm not arguing whether or not to bring toddlers or that some toddlers behave etc.,
but why the lack of understanding for OP? She wanted a peaceful night out, without a toddler in sight. Toddlers can be annoying and really ruin a restaurant experience.
If it's a healthy toddler, the parents have no guarantee that the child will not disturb their neighboring table.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 4:53 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
This thread is so ridiculous that it’s funny!
Picturing a high heeled woman dressed to the nines opening that restaurant door and noticing a TODDLER (the horror!!!!), and flipping out as if it’s a rat!
I really can’t understand this attitude! The selfishness and snobbiness is astounding!
I'm sorry that you can't see another person's perspective and feelings.. seems kinda selfish to me.

What compelled you to post anyway?

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:05 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
I didn't real all replies, but I'm surprised to see the lack of understanding to OPs question.
I'm not arguing whether or not to bring toddlers or that some toddlers behave etc.,
but why the lack of understanding for OP? She wanted a peaceful night out, without a toddler in sight. Toddlers can be annoying and really ruin a restaurant experience.
If it's a healthy toddler, the parents have no guarantee that the child will not disturb their neighboring table.

You can have a peaceful night out even if there's a toddler in site. Focus on your husband and food, not on the toddler. This is such an awful, entitled attitude.
A loud group of adults is less peaceful than the site of a toddler.

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:16 pm
I can't imagine being that fussed by a reasonably behaved baby or toddler.

The tablet thing, that would really annoy me. We took a trip recently (it was late at night and my kids were trying to sleep) and a family sitting near us gave their kid a phone which was playing some awful youtube video of kids songs. Over and over and over and over and over. No headphones. I just don't understand how people are so selfish and rude.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:21 pm

I understand that op wanted some quiet.

I just don't think it's disrespectful.

If you want full control of who sits down to eat supper around you, order in. Or reserve the party room for yourself.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:47 pm
I'm sorry that you can't see another person's perspective and feelings.. seems kinda selfish to me.

What compelled you to post anyway?

OP literally asked for our thoughts. Sorry if you didn’t like mine. And what compelled you to post?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:47 pm
Sound like a bunch of entitled people here… we take our kids with us wherever we go… been to high end restaurants and fly with them first class… you have an issue with it- leave

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:54 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
I am with OP.

But that’s just it. OP did not say the child did anything to disturb her or misbehaved.

She just said she “saw a toddler” and apparently that was enough to ruin her dining experience.

That’s just a spoiled, entitled attitude. She feels because she was spending money she shouldn’t have to see a child. That’s just beyond…

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 8:02 pm

If she wants a quiet place she should stay home or rent a private place.

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 8:34 pm
I don’t think that’s it’s disrespectful I think it’s missing etiquette. When I go to a high end restaurant and will be spending $300 for a meal I don’t expect to see kids there that includes babies and toddlers.

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 9:18 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
I don’t think that’s it’s disrespectful I think it’s missing etiquette. When I go to a high end restaurant and will be spending $300 for a meal I don’t expect to see kids there that includes babies and toddlers.

What does kids being there have to do with the amount of money you're spending on a meal??? As long as they're not disturbing you, kids being there has nothing to do with you and shouldn't be making a difference in your night out. Are you the same bothered if you spend $300 on a meal and a group of adults are making noise?

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 9:29 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
I experience this plenty with ADULT guests. They are being very loud and noisy. I find that when people bring young children, they take care that the children should be quiet and well behaved. But when groups of adults go out together, they're very often noisy and so loud. I don't think I'd ever been to a restaurant where it was quiet in there. If there's a group, it's noisy.
People are more tolerant towards noisy adults than towards quiet children......

At an upscale restaurant absolutely. In the non frum society where I grew up it’s considered very bad manners to bring young children to upscale restaurants.

amother
Sunflower

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 9:31 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Sound like a bunch of entitled people here… we take our kids with us wherever we go… been to high end restaurants and fly with them first class… you have an issue with it- leave

And we’re the entitled ones?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 9:36 pm

Thank you wandflower Heart

mommy3b2c

amother Sunflower wrote:
And we’re the entitled ones?

Absolutely. Having the money to afford something doesn’t make you entitled. Telling someone “I can only afford a high end restaurant once a year so leave your kids home so I can enjoy myself fully.” That’s entitled. It’s everyone’s job to follow the rules and be respectful. You don’t get to make the rules for other people. Bringing kids into a bar? Against the rules. Bringing kids into a fancy steak house? Not against the rules . You don’t like the rules? Open your own restaurant. Don’t tell others what to do.

mommy3b2c

amother Sunflower wrote:
At an upscale restaurant absolutely. In the non frum society where I grew up it’s considered very bad manners to bring young children to upscale restaurants.

Glad I’m not part of that society. Sounds nasty.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 9:40 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:

This made me laugh out loud. I don’t know what to say. I know I’m responding to so many posts but these comments are hilarious in a roll your eyes kind of way and I just feel like responding to all of them to say how ridiculous they sound.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries