Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Pls help! We're gonna get lost in our foliage soon...

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:23 pm
Need a gardener to do grass cutting and leaves. Rose bush trimming a plus.
Nothing fancy
Located in Howell on the border of Lakewood
Would love cheap if possible
Would take a backup or young guy starting out if he comes with his own transportation . Religion negotiable 😉

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:26 pm
I think my husband picked up workers from 2nd st for this kind of job every fall and spring. There are some that have experience, if you don’t mind using them…

m-u-a-mama

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:07 pm
amother Brass wrote:
I think my husband picked up workers from 2nd st for this kind of job every fall and spring. There are some that have experience, if you don’t mind using them…

Cool but I assume u need to have all the necessary equipment to do that? Leaf blowers, tarps, rakes, etc?

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:17 pm
Nope! Ask around if any of them can do some gardening and leaf cleanup. They must have their connections or buddies, by us they came with their own stuff.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:35 pm
My husband just stops random (Hispanic) workers that he sees doing jobs like this around town. You have to be careful cuz some can give you a run for your money but we’ve had good experience randomly finding ones to do cleanup for really cheap. And they bring their own stuff

m-u-a-mama

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 1:20 pm
Wow that's amazing. Thanks!!!

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 4:11 pm
muamama I don't have advice, I just wanted to say your title made me smile, and this is not the first time I'm seeing it!

m-u-a-mama

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 4:30 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
muamama I don't have advice, I just wanted to say your title made me smile, and this is not the first time I'm seeing it!

Smile
I've found on Ima when you have something that's been asked multiple times and gotten few responses you have to make your title exciting!

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 4:41 pm
Just curious, Is there a special garbage truck pickup for the leaves? Cuz I see huge piles near the curb.

DVOM

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 6:40 pm
amother Brass wrote:

Same.

We own all the equipment, but you can also rent from Lowes or Home Depot.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 8:40 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Just curious, Is there a special garbage truck pickup for the leaves? Cuz I see huge piles near the curb.

Yes. This is how they do leaf pickup in Lakewood.

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 11:07 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Yes. This is how they do leaf pickup in Lakewood.
thanks for answering! I'm new here and was wondering. Do you need to request the leaf pickup like you request a bulk pickup? Or they come around once a week? or how often?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 11:35 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
thanks for answering! I'm new here and was wondering. Do you need to request the leaf pickup like you request a bulk pickup? Or they come around once a week? or how often?

Officially they come around the first 2 weeks in Nov. & Dec. one side of RT9
The last 2 weeks of Nov. & Dec. the other side of RT9

But, I know of people who called public works and said the leaves are two much, and public works came a few days later even through they were not coming to that side of RT9.

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 12:23 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Officially they come around the first 2 weeks in Nov. & Dec. one side of RT9
The last 2 weeks of Nov. & Dec. the other side of RT9

But, I know of people who called public works and said the leaves are two much, and public works came a few days later even through they were not coming to that side of RT9.
Thanks for replying!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries