Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Overly sensitive and kvetchy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 10:16 pm
My 3 year old daughter is very sensitive. She has a great personality, yet the slightest thing can make her either kvetch or cry and it drives me nuts. For example, she’ll (lightly) trip and will start crying. I’ll comfort her, giver her a hug if she wants one, sympathize, and move on. Yet she won’t. She’ll continue crying and it becomes more of a kvetch cry.
Every little thing. I know I’m not supposed to shut down her emotions but I can’t stand the constant in etching and crying! I’m not talking about right after she hurts herself or if something happens. I’m talking about a few minutes later. I just want to tell her to be quiet or walk out of the room but that will hurt her feelings. Help!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 12:49 am
Bump

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 3:36 am
I was thinking to ask the same thing recently about my dd who's almost 7. No advice, sorry. It seems it's just a personality. I've read a bit about a "Highly Sensitive Person," or HSP. Seems to fit the bill. Again though, not sure what to do about it. I'm guessing therapy. We're trying sport therapy for now, but I don't see it helping. Yesterday her tooth fell out and she flipped out with 1,000 tissues for like half an hour+! Following for advice! Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics