Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How do I handle this type of behaviour? Update...
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 1:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
She held him and put him in time out.
The time outs dont seem to help though if he keeps hitting kids.

At what point does behavior become normal toddler behavior and at what point is it not acceptable?

When I was a playgroup morah, we once had a child like this. We ended up recommending him to get evaluated for his impulse control issues and ended up getting an extra morah/shadow to help with his behavior.
If it keeps going on the morah needs to be proactive about what they are doing about it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 1:06 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
The boy should be stopped from hitting or should not be there. Of course the time outs don't work. Time outs are dumb.

'Normal toddler behavior' and 'not acceptable' are NOT contradictory terms.

How do you stop a kid from hitting though? I wish he didn't go there. This sounds so irrational but whenever I see him I don't find him cute and I hate that he hurts my daughter.

Do you mind expanding on this thought a bit? I never thought of it like that... BB you're so wise Surprised

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 1:08 pm
amother Junglegreen wrote:
When I was a playgroup morah, we once had a child like this. We ended up recommending him to get evaluated for his impulse control issues and ended up getting an extra morah/shadow to help with his behavior.
If it keeps going on the morah needs to be proactive about what they are doing about it.

I totally agree with you. My husband called the preschool director the other day to speak about whats going on. He said he is going to look into it and they're consulting chinuch experts. The morah was the one who said its normal toddler behaviour and theyre monitoring him. But the mother is aware of her son and should be the one footing the bill of hiring her son a shadow
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics