Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Should I get the flu shot for me and for my kids/baby?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 1:05 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
Per my pediatrician, the flu shot is extremely ineffective this year. The health dept agreed, but wants the dr.'s office to keep pushing people to take it so that when it is effective, people will "be used to taking it".

Shows who we're dealing with.

But please, sheep. Don't let me stop you from taking it!

Jumping onto anti-vax or natural-minded bandwagons falls equally into the category of being a 'sheep'. Do you perhaps believe that only people who agree with you do research, and the others don't bother? Do you also believe that anyone who does their own research and settles on a different conclusion than you is also being a sheep?

Just trying to understand your mindset.

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 1:45 pm
People who have two variants of MTHFR are at greater risk with any vaccine, not only flu shot.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 3:18 pm
amother Honey wrote:
Jumping onto anti-vax or natural-minded bandwagons falls equally into the category of being a 'sheep'. Do you perhaps believe that only people who agree with you do research, and the others don't bother? Do you also believe that anyone who does their own research and settles on a different conclusion than you is also being a sheep?

Just trying to understand your mindset.

My mindset is that the dept of health agreed it's ineffective this year.

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 3:20 pm

Source please?

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 3:21 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Source please?

My pediatrician. (Per my earlier post.)

amother
Green

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 3:42 pm
For decades the annual flu shot has only some efficacy and only some people choose to take it.
No need to go on a name calling rant if someone chooses not to. Or if someone chooses to take it. Only in the last few years have we seen this level of hostility and marginalizing against people who choose not to take a flu shot even with their Dr.’s guidance.
What next ….call it a conspiracy theory not to take the flu shot?
Where have we heard this before…
And as for the cdc they ruined their own credibility.

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 4:00 pm
amother Green wrote:
For decades the annual flu shot has only some efficacy and only some people choose to take it.
No need to go on a name calling rant if someone chooses not to. Or if someone chooses to take it. Only in the last few years have we seen this level of hostility and marginalizing against people who choose not to take a flu shot even with their Dr.’s guidance.
What next ….call it a conspiracy theory not to take the flu shot?
Where have we heard this before…
And as for the cdc they ruined their own credibility.

But calling those who take it sheep.. because they are obviously not as smart as you...that's ok

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 4:29 pm

A post like this just indicates how little the poster understands about public health and flu vaccinations.

For example - what is the unnamed Department of Health for starters.

Flu shots do vary in effectiveness from year to year because they are formulated based on a prediction of what flu strains will be circulating during the flu season in the Northern Hemisphere. They use flu variants from the Southern Hemisphere to attempt to predict the variant as well as predict how bad a flu season there might be because flu starts earlier in the Southern Hemisphere and travels to the Northern Hemisphere.

Unfortunately public health data has been politicized because of conspiracy theories circulating and then accepted as "fact" by gullible people who don't evaluate the source of the information.

The efficacy of a specific flu vaccine unfortunately isn't known until several months after the start of a flu season but even a less effective vaccine still lowers the odds of contracting flu and either being hospitalized or even dying.

Numerous studies have explored how effectively flu vaccines protect against the virus. The CDC estimatedTrusted Source that, during the 2019-20 flu season, vaccinations prevented around 7.5 million flu infections and 105,000 flu-related hospitalizations.

Meanwhile, in Chile earlier this year, vaccination was associatedTrusted Source with a 49% reduced risk of hospitalization from the A(H3N2) flu virus — the most predominant type being transmitted at the time.

https://www.healthline.com/hea.....-shot

amother
Green

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 4:45 pm
People trust different sources and have different heshbons.
No guarantees
Why can’t we all agree to let everyone have their own opinion which they are entitled to.

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 4:48 pm
amother Green wrote:
People trust different sources and have different heshbons.
No guarantees
Why can’t we all agree to let everyone have their own opinion which they are entitled to.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - they are not entitled to their own facts.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics