Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Chicago Downtown Kosher options

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 6:50 pm
Hi ladies.

Traveling for business this week and need some lunch options. Any recommendations?

Thanks

amother
Offwhite

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 7:35 pm
There is nothing downtown other than "Raw" some kind of vegan stuff where some of it has a hechsher.

There is Milt's in Lincoln Park, around a 20 minute drive/car ride from downtown. Other than that everything is in the communities north. There is a guide to Jewish Chicago on the cRc website cRc

accountantmommy

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 7:51 pm
Milts is in Lakeview, not Lincoln Park. They will not deliver to downtown and it is quite a drive. I have worked in the loop and there are no kosher options at the moment aside from Raw mentioned above. What I did which was a pain but worked when needed was pick up a prepackaged meal from a restaurant in West Rogers Park and bring it with me on the train to work, but if you are here on business that might be trickier since you may not be coming from WRP. There are plenty of truly wonderful chabad shluchim in every area of downtown. Maybe you can real out to the closet one to your hotel and ask what they recommend?

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 8:47 pm
Thanks all. Was wondering about raw. Where we came out was to bring lunch from Teaneck w me for Monday. Monday night we hope to go to Milts and I’ll get lunch for Tuesday. I guess where ever I go for dinner on Tuesday will supply lunch for Wednesday. Dinner will be an adventure.

Thanks so much
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics