Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
House prices in Baltimore,

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 12:38 pm
Pls post newer and older areas
Approximate prices tysm 3 bedroom plus

amother
Charcoal

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 9:41 pm
Since covid the prices have gone up. There are so many neighborhoods and the prices range drastically. For example a Beazer house with 5 bedrooms will run 800k - around a million. Whereas the upper park heights area, on a less frum block, you could probably get something for mid 200,000s. The park heights area is older and some the houses will need work. A house near me sold for 255k a year ago, but it was a wreck inside. I wouldn't be surprised if they spent 100k-150k to fix it up. It was a large house with 4 nice sized bedrooms.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:53 pm
agree with previous poster.
prices have gone up a lot

everywhere unfortunately. Sad

tell us about yourself. where do you fit hashkafically?
the cheapest areas are probably Glen avenue/Menlo area, and near to Shearis yisroel shul.
Also cheap, but feels safer as its more middle class, is Scotts hill , next to TA (about 35 frum families, there, mostly more yeshivish types)
The houses are bigger in Glen neighborhood I think -= like over 2000sq ft . TA neighborhood is usually more like 1600 sq ft I believe but is a similar price.
Thats the cheapest. I thnk we are talking about $320- 400k
The most expensive neighborhoods are probably Beazer and Ranchleigh.
Best idea is to speak to a Baltimore realtor.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 5:23 pm
amother Gray wrote:
agree with previous poster.
prices have gone up a lot

everywhere unfortunately. Sad

tell us about yourself. where do you fit hashkafically?
the cheapest areas are probably Glen avenue/Menlo area, and near to Shearis yisroel shul.
Also cheap, but feels safer as its more middle class, is Scotts hill , next to TA (about 35 frum families, there, mostly more yeshivish types)
The houses are bigger in Glen neighborhood I think -= like over 2000sq ft . TA neighborhood is usually more like 1600 sq ft I believe but is a similar price.
Thats the cheapest. I thnk we are talking about $320- 400k
The most expensive neighborhoods are probably Beazer and Ranchleigh.
Best idea is to speak to a Baltimore realtor.

That is not the cheapest. I bought 5 years ago in the Fallstaff neighborhood for 189k and a few months ago the house across the street from me was bought by a frum person for 200k. Semi detached.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 6:24 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
That is not the cheapest. I bought 5 years ago in the Fallstaff neighborhood for 189k and a few months ago the house across the street from me was bought by a frum person for 200k. Semi detached.

Thank you for clarifying, I hadn't realized that! Thats great to know that there is still more affordable housing here! Except that the Falstaff neighborhood doesnt always feel so safe to me because of the close proximity to Reisterstown road

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 7:02 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Thank you for clarifying, I hadn't realized that! Thats great to know that there is still more affordable housing here! Except that the Falstaff neighborhood doesnt always feel so safe to me because of the close proximity to Reisterstown road

I just said this in another Baltimore thread. We’ve lived in a few areas including Bancroft Village and this area (fallstaff, closer to Glengyle) is the safest we’ve been. And our neighbors who’ve been in their houses for between 40-15 years all agree it’s a very safe area.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 7:37 pm
The Fallstaff area has a strong sense of community and families do stay there long-term. I have worked or am currently working on 3 homes in that neighborhood where the owners own both sides of a semi-d and are combining them. Typically they rent out one half, then take over the basement of the other half while still renting out the first and second story, and ultimately combine it all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating