Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Appliance Help

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 2:49 pm
We’re buying appliances for the first time. Till now, the places we rented had already.

Can anyone recommend any specific models/brands of the following appliances or share anything you would look for in these?
Electric oven/stove
Fridge/Freezer
Dishwasher
Washer/Dryer- stackable

Ideally not too expensive but good quality with any important features.

Thank you!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 3:09 pm
If you’re in tri state area - call town appliance. I used them over the years for all my appliances and have been very happy with all their recommendations. They have all price ranges and will tell you what is worth spending more on, etc

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 3:10 pm
amother Tan wrote:
If you’re in tri state area - call town appliance. I used them over the years for all my appliances and have been very happy with all their recommendations. They have all price ranges and will tell you what is worth spending more on, etc

Thank you! I’m not, I live out of town.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 3:14 pm
Dishwasher:
I have a Bosch dishwasher that I'm very happy with. One of the features that were important to me was that the door pops open when the load is done so the steam escapes, so I took a more expensive model.

Fridge/Freezer:
You have to see the space you have available; that will narrow down the choices. I don't have a recommendation, but I would try to stay away from Frigidaire.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:51 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
Dishwasher:
I have a Bosch dishwasher that I'm very happy with. One of the features that were important to me was that the door pops open when the load is done so the steam escapes, so I took a more expensive model.

Fridge/Freezer:
You have to see the space you have available; that will narrow down the choices. I don't have a recommendation, but I would try to stay away from Frigidaire.

Thanks for your help!

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:52 pm
Maybe call town appliance and ask them wats popular these days

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 5:17 pm
I just got appliances and did tons of research. for kitchen ge has shabbos mode for fridge and gas range and it’s very popular and affordable. Most people do french door fridge you can do counter depth it’s not as deep and looks nice in smaller kitchen. Bosch is recommended for dishwasher.
washer dryer is either the lg or ge. ge has a vent system to prevent mold but lg washes better and has better rating. I got the lg washtower it has center controls because it’s pretty and I’m short so easy to reach controls.

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 6:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
We’re buying appliances for the first time. Till now, the places we rented had already.

Can anyone recommend any specific models/brands of the following appliances or share anything you would look for in these?
Electric oven/stove
Fridge/Freezer
Dishwasher
Washer/Dryer- stackable

Ideally not too expensive but good quality with any important features.

Thank you!

What I can tell you is do not buy Frigidaire brand! Mine broke very quickly and workers in Appliance stores told me it’s a garbage brand now, Frigidaire refused to even help me with repair because it was past the one year warranty.

Stick with the top brand: and Bosch, Kitchen Aid, Samsung (this one is cheaper).

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 6:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! I’m not, I live out of town.

Where out of town? We have town appliance in Baltimore and they do deliveries all over. Call and ask!

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 6:23 pm
I also highly recommend buying extended warrantees
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics