Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is a school that accepts everyone the answer?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:28 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I doubt that there were kids from not shomer Shabbos mixed with genuinely chareidi strict families. Maybe less strict but for sure Shomer Shabbos.

Both my father and my husband had boys in their class whose parents were not shomer Shabbos. Mainstream yeshivos in New York.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:40 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
I just hosted some really sweet frum, seminary girls from lkwd for shabbos. One of them shared that she didn't get in anywhere until a week after school started despite doing everything the Vaad asked because she has severe learning difficulties and was passing by the skin of her teeth thru 8th grade.

In the end she got pushed into a school that is one of the more acedemic places in LKWD (obviously less of a match then the places she applied to) and struggled thru HS with hours of tutoring....
Of course even elementary schools do that they don’t want to take too many kids who will need academic help because they don’t have enough resources. One mother told me her dd was accepted to primary on condition that she get the tutors herself and not rely on the school.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:55 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I doubt that there were kids from not shomer Shabbos mixed with genuinely chareidi strict families. Maybe less strict but for sure Shomer Shabbos.

BB , im going to assume you are under 30.
I spoke to many people over the years who told me that a lot of the families were not observant at all..
I have met women whose mothers went to those schools

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:15 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
How "Diverse" could BB have been in those days?

Also, diversity then and now are worlds apart.

Now it means different internet standards, exposure to all types of marriages etc.

Then it meant wearing a different colour shirt?

Or father working?

The story happened with Rav Steinman, who grew up in Brisk. That's why he went to cheder with the Brisker Rov. How would Rav Chaim have gone to cheder with the Brisker Rov?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:10 pm
It's possible a generation thing. A mainstream school with a beutiful mixed crowed that had girls also from frum and non frum Russian homes. Had to kick some student out in older grades because they would hang out with boys it was terrible for the other students. Today with teens having access to technology at their fingertips this would be much worse

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 7:57 pm
a NATION that accepts everyone is the answer.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries