Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Anyone want a kitten? In Philadelphia

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:08 pm
We are trying to get rid of the kitten we've been fostering. It's a cute one, 4 months old, black with white paws and a white belly. Loves playing with my kids. We would keep her, but one of my kids doesn't like animals, and is refusing to have her longer.

Any takers? We are in the Northeast in Philly.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:21 pm
Send me a picture. I’ll ask my husband.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 3:27 pm
My husband will kill me. Alas, post pictures!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:41 pm
How do I post pictures here? Or PM them?

scruffy

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:44 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....56386

I would be interested too but sadly my husband is anti all pets Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:49 pm
I'll try this. The picture is in my email, so I'm not sure if it will work.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 7:57 pm
I saved in google drive. Trying again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:24 pm
Nobody knows how I can post a picture from my email?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 6:42 pm
I think there was a way to do it using a website called imageshack or something. That was years ago, though.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 6:47 pm

Create a post, click on the circled, and you will create a link to your picture. Copy it.

Come back to the posting page and click on “images”, on the far right of the blue bar. Paste that link into the pane.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:06 pm
If you are fostering her - please reach out to the rescue that set you up as a foster and ask them to place the kitten with another foster family. Do NOT give away the kitty to someone who responds on social media, without doing your due diligence.

Here is a blurb of info I share when I hear about people wanting to rehome a cat: please consider these points carefully.

Sounds like a sweet kitty! (I wish I could adopt every kitty needing a home.) For the cat’s safety, PLEASE require a background check and have the adoption applicant(s) provide references (including a reputable veterinarian) who can verify that they are an appropriate placement for your kitty. You can also reach out to local rescue organizations for tips and assistance. Contact local vets’ offices and your local Humane Society and no-kill shelters. You should definitely also require a signed adoption agreement.

It’s highly recommended by animal rescue organizations that animals up for adoption NEVER be advertised as “free” since this risks inviting applicants who may not value the animal and/or may mistreat it.

This is especially true this time of year - many dogfighting groups are on the hunt for free pets they can use as bait. Pets used as bait for dogfighting often end up mutilated, seriously injured, or killed.

Pet owners seeking to re-home a pet are strongly encouraged to require a fee of at least $40-50 - because people tend to appreciate and value what they pay for.

See the following links for more information:

https://almosthomeadoptions.co.....home/

http://www.carolsferals.org/no.....tens/

https://www.iizcat.com/post/30.....hters

Thank you for your consideration, and I sincerely hope you can find your kitty a good new fur-ever home.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:42 pm

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:43 pm
Great! THat worked. Now here's one more:

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 10:08 pm
Ohhh what a sweetie! I wish I could adopt her. 😻

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:52 am
Last chance. Anyone want her before we have to return her to the shelter? Dd is bugging me because we've already kept her longer than we were meant to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets