Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What would you write in the paperless post rsvp?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:35 am
We moved away from our previous city four years ago, when my daughter was 8. Now I received an e-invitation to her classmate's bas mitzvah--addressed to me and my daughter, so obviously it was done with thought and not just hitting everyone in her email list.

obviously we can't attend, but I am touched!

I want to write "Mazel Tov" and maybe "I'm so touched you thought of us" but is that cringe-y? cuz, like, it's not THAT big a deal.

also, my daughter totally doesn't miss or care much about that kid... so I can't say something nice about that or a message from her or something because it would be a total fabrication.

I don't think this kid thinks much about my daughter either (they were never especially friends), I think it's just a mother who is really on the ball!

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 6:46 am
Just Mazal tov is fine. Maybe add in a “wish we could be there” for something extra

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 7:06 am
thanks!

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:35 am
By all means do say how touched you were and how you regret that distance makes your attendance impossible. Mazal tov alone is not a personal reply but a knee-jerk formula, the way you'd say "Bless you" to a stranger who sneezed.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:11 am
I would add thanks for thinking of us
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette