Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bread Machine

MummyT

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:03 am
Can anyone recommend a good one pref with a big loaf size as 1 kg is just about enough really. I had a tower one which broke within the year..

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:32 am
I have this, but it's only 2 lbs.

Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker, 2 lb. loaf of bread, Stainless Steel/Black https://a.co/d/eR1bSf7

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:59 am
We’re are you located, as you are measuring in kg. I don’t think that they will work from one electrical system to another, even with a converter.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:42 am
Golly 2lbs is 1 kg more or less... (2lbs is 900 gram, 1000 gram is 1 kilo and water is wet). I daven that the SI metric thing will be mandatory in every country will make life way more simple. And every kitchen scale can handle both, open a manual of a kitchen weigh scale and u can go from Oz to gram bh.

MummyT

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:59 am
I agree! Life would be much simpler if we all went by the same measuring units!

MummyT

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 10:00 am
yiddishmom wrote:
I have this, but it's only 2 lbs.

Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker, 2 lb. loaf of bread, Stainless Steel/Black https://a.co/d/eR1bSf7

Is it good? Does the paddle bit ruin the loaf?

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 4:02 pm
MummyT wrote:

It doesn't ruin the loaf, the loaf just has two indents ok the bottom.

But, you have to make sure that those two paddles are aligned, otherwise the loaf doesn't come out well kneaded and it's lopsided.

Lately it has been happening to me more often.

I'm wondering if perhaps it loosened, and therefore it moves once I start putting in the ingredients. Because I do make sure that they are aligned before I start adding the ingredients. But otherwise it's a very good piece.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 4:29 pm
MummyT wrote:

I also have this one and like it a lot! The paddles don’t ruin it but do create indents / holes at the bottom of the loaf. I often use it for the dough stage and then bake in the oven. You can also remove the paddles before baking and then you just have the two posts in the load (make sure to oil them first).

MummyT

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 3:36 am
Ok thanks everyone! Sounds good...just one more question - when baking a loaf how do you slice it after? Is that another gadget??

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 7:08 am
I use a knife. You can buy a bread slicer to make it easier:

Bread Slicer for Homemade Bread, Adjustable Thickness and Width Slicing Guides, Plug in Slicer Guide Design, with Crumb Tray, Damascus steel pattern knife, for Cakes, Bagels https://a.co/d/5McGVWc

challahchallah

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 8:54 am
MummyT wrote:
Ok thanks everyone! Sounds good...just one more question - when baking a loaf how do you slice it after? Is that another gadget??

I just use a bread knife and a cutting board. We’re not picky about perfect slices.

denaNY

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 9:18 am
where do you buy a bread slicer?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars