Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Going rate for basements
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:05 pm
just want to mention, that I did notice in the masa rentals which keeps getting longer that a good 2/3 of the listings are not in lakewood. maybe even more.
But I do agree with that there are much more apts avail in lakewood and prices will probably be coming down.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 10:20 am
amother Jasmine wrote:
just want to mention, that I did notice in the masa rentals which keeps getting longer that a good 2/3 of the listings are not in lakewood. maybe even more.
But I do agree with that there are much more apts avail in lakewood and prices will probably be coming down.

seems to me a lot of the apartments available are either very small and not in desireable neighborhoods... also a lot of temporary apartments...

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 10:31 am
amother RosePink wrote:
seems to me a lot of the apartments available are either very small and not in desireable neighborhoods... also a lot of temporary apartments...

I agree. A lot of 1 bedroom apartments and lots of apartments that are in the 2s already….

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 11:19 am
Op, if your area is not the greatest maybe you should write that there’s parking in your ad

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 11:30 am
My tenants are paying $1000 all inclusive for nice 2 bedroom apt in very central location, moved in 2 years ago when that was going rate. They're amazing tenants so we don't feel it's worth it to raise or say anything but I see we can be getting so much more!

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 12:03 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I know someone who recently started renting a 3 bedroom basement in a popular developement down rt nine. They are paying 1500 a month. The landlord put in vinyl floor, painted and got some new appliances. They are probably paying the most in the whole neighborhood. Not every neighborhood is so high
I personally know others in that neighborhood (3 bedroom basements) who are still paying 850-950 a month

I’m assuming this is Belz which is a completely different ballgame

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 12:29 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
oh that makes sense! I couldn't figure out which development she's talking about!

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 12:33 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:

Why is belz so cheap?

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 12:36 pm
following

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 12:54 pm
amother Peach wrote:
My tenants are paying $1000 all inclusive for nice 2 bedroom apt in very central location, moved in 2 years ago when that was going rate. They're amazing tenants so we don't feel it's worth it to raise or say anything but I see we can be getting so much more!
You should raise 5% a year. Maintenance costs are going up.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 12:55 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Why is belz so cheap?
Different crowd. There was a kollel in that area at one point so people who learned there were taking basements there but not sure that’s the case anymore.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 1:24 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Why is belz so cheap?

I’ve heard something about some type of informal rent control. But since belz has been built, you can expect rentals there to be at least $2-300 below typical market rate
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries