Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Convince me it's worth going to Miami alone
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:46 pm
I've really been wanting to go to Miami; never been there before. I could really use a vacation and it's sounds so amazing but we have nobody to watch our kids. ;(

My husband has been trying to push me to just go alone for 24 hours.
Is it worth it? What I really want is beautiful weather, sun/ beach maybe some water sports and I've heard there is amazing food.

Has anyone done this and did you enjoy? Where did you eat? How did it work, you like went out to eat alone?

Motherhood

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:50 pm
A relative of mine did it with a baby. She said it was great. She went out to eat with her baby and relaxed with him as well

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 8:58 pm
For 24 hours probably not.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:13 pm
I'd definitely go alone for afew days. I've done solo vacations already.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:19 pm
Solo vacations don’t appeal to me.
Neither does the ideal of flying anywhere for 24 hours.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:22 pm
I love solo vacations and wish I could do them more often. Try it. You might love it or you might hate it, but you won’t know until you try. If you hate it, you never have to do it again.
Can you do a little longer than 24 hours?

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:27 pm
solo travel is awesome! and a short trip is an easy way to try it if you've never done it. I find sometimes I do go out to eat alone, sometimes I'm happy to graze during the day, sometimes I get carryout while out and eat later on in my room, sometimes I make a little room picnic - best part of being alone is that I've only my preferences to consider! no miami for me, but elsewhere in florida, and I loved being warm!

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:38 pm
I wouldn’t do it alone if it’s the first time going.

Can’t your kids go to friends to a baby to a babysitter?
(Say to their regular babysitter but for a few days.)

STMommy

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:49 pm
I've gone on solo trips to Miami before but it makes no sense to go for 24 hours. Factor in time traveling to the airport, having to get to the airport early and flight time. You probably need more of a vacation than that!

hodeez

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:56 pm
Does the 24 hours include travel time? If so totally not seeing how it would relax you.

As an aside I would never solo vacay, but that's me.

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:57 pm
I would not go on vacation for less than 3-4 days. My upcoming solo trip is going to Israel for a week to visit the kids. Wish it could be longer, but the kids at home need me too.

taketwo

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 10:07 pm
I did 2 days alone in Miami 10 years ago. I did enjoy it. 1 day might be too little though.

essie14

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 10:35 pm
I've vacationed solo many times and I love it. But 24 hours in Miami, if that includes flying, juts isn't worth it to me.
If I needed a 1 day break I'd check into a hotel and get a spa treatment and sleep. Uber eats some food and relax.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 11:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
I've really been wanting to go to Miami; never been there before. I could really use a vacation and it's sounds so amazing but we have nobody to watch our kids. ;(

My husband has been trying to push me to just go alone for 24 hours.
Is it worth it? What I really want is beautiful weather, sun/ beach maybe some water sports and I've heard there is amazing food.

Has anyone done this and did you enjoy? Where did you eat? How did it work, you like went out to eat alone?

Yes, I have.
And so does my daughter.
Go for it!!

thedudette

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 11:33 pm
24 hours is too short, go for two days. Totally worth it! You’ll enjoy it Smile Spending time away from everything is important

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:18 am
essie14 wrote:
I've vacationed solo many times and I love it. But 24 hours in Miami, if that includes flying, juts isn't worth it to me.
If I needed a 1 day break I'd check into a hotel and get a spa treatment and sleep. Uber eats some food and relax.

This.

Assuming you are flying in from the NYC area, then out of your 24 hours you'll spend 6 hours in an airplane + at least 4 hours in airports, + let's say 7 hours sleeping = 17 hours. Another hour getting to and from the airport brings you to 18 hours.

That leaves 6 hours for sightseeing, eating, etc. That's not much at all.

One delayed flight or midday rainstorm in Miami and your entire vacation evaporates.

Go somewhere local.

happyone

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 12:23 am
Miami is always worthwhile. Try extending it by a bit as travel time will take away alot of your relaxation.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 1:24 am
If you really have only 24 hours I'm not so sure it's worth all of the travel time involved. If you only have 24 hours would you consider a local staycation in a hotel by yourself? I'm totally up for a vacation all alone and traveling by myself but all that traffic for 24 hours just doesn't seem worth it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:40 am
Hi thanks for all the responses.

I was thinking to take a 7pm flight, land at 10, sleep in a hotel near the beach, spend the entire next day on the beach, go out to eat, and head back to the airport for 830pm flight.

But y'all scaring me now that its not worth it. I could potentially add another day, but has to be really worth it. (leaving dh alone with 2 little ones, he's happy to do it for me, but I think 2 days is more than he bargained for, unless its eally worth it for something specific)

What else can I and should I do in Miami alone?
Also forgot to ask, what restaurant is worth going to for dinner? Where should I go for brunch kind of thing to bring to the beach with me?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 29 2022, 10:42 am
Also, any specific hotel reccomendations?

Dh found me this, has anyone been there? Don't need fancy, just clean and safe.

https://www.google.com/search?.....UTF-8
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics